Why make templates not completely responsive?

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
360webfirm

Why make templates not completely responsive?

Post by 360webfirm » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello,

I am looking through all the free templates and cannot understand why SOME are responsive except for the menu?

The bottom portion is responsive and looks great except for the menu. There are a number of them that just does not show a responsive menu...

I really like this program, but I feel that the menu part and layers is a little tricky to work with.

1. When adding an item to a layer, it positions the item automatically and you cannot adjust this unless you put a placeholder of some sort.
2. I find it very hard to place another layer at the beginning of another. Move the original down and just add anew one on top, not over it, but on top of it.

Steve

Pablo

Re: Why make templates not completely responsive?

Post by Pablo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:29 pm

The idea of these templates is to demonstrate specific functionality. For example, CSS animations, scroll transtions etc.
I decided not to implement breakpoints to keep the templates 'lean and mean'.
The purpose was not to create fully working websites. They are just random ideas.
There are a number of them that just does not show a responsive men
Did you try the extensions which I suggested in your other post? I do think you will find another web editor which has a wider variety of (responsive) menus.
When adding an item to a layer, it positions the item automatically and you cannot adjust this unless you put a placeholder of some sort.
If the layer is set to absolute positioning, then you can please object anywhere you want.
If the layer is set to floating, then the object will 'float' and there for positioned at the top left of the layer.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76722
I find it very hard to place another layer at the beginning of another.
Did you read my reply in to your other post?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Now not being rude to you but as you mention you have used the programme 'a long time ago' I would say before you criticise the programme and the 'Templates' you become accustomed with how it works now and not in the past as a lot has changed.

Not all of templates use a 'Reponsive' menu! so this explains why they dont work as you expect. Pablo has also provided links to many of the menus that are 'Responsive" I won't repeat these.
Any ideas or examples, templates that utilize a responsive menu I could see as examples on how they were down?
The following templates do use a response menu:
New York
Features
Services
Start Page
Any easy way to deal with layers such as FlexBox, Grids?
Again before criticising you should read the following regarding the use of 'Layers'
Using Layers:
Layers
Using Layers
Anchored Layers
Floating Layers
More Layers
Responsive Designs:
Responsive Web Design in WYSIWYG Web Builder
ntroduction to Responsive Web Design - The Basics
More useful reading:
Which layout mode should I choose?

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm

I remember you Bacon Fries.

I am not criticizing, I just wanted some help. I have spent a number of hours on this already trying to get the menu to look OK when in mobile. I have used the responsive menu and when lowering screen size down, it actually bundles up until a certain size.

I will look over all the links sent to my post and figure it out myself.

Steve

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm

it actually bundles up until a certain size.
You can set the breakpoint of the menu in the properties of the menu. This will determine when it will switch to mobile mode.