Mobile version not scrolling to a breakpoint

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
bubblegumweb

Mobile version not scrolling to a breakpoint

Post by bubblegumweb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:52 am

Hi all.

I am in the process of working on a mobile version of a website I am designing and I'm having problems with scrolling to the breakpoint "CONTACT" from within the menu. When the "Contact" link is pressed the website will not fully scroll down to the breakpoint showing the contact form, and even if I try to scroll down manually without any clicking on a link I just can not get down to the area where the contact form is. It is like something is stopping any further scrolling of the mobile page to the selected area. I have tried the website on 2 different mobile phones and the result is the same,this has me puzzled. Can anyone suggest what may be wrong please.

http://365pixel.co.uk/tyres/

Regards
Gary

Pablo

Re: Mobile version not scrolling to a breakpoint

Post by Pablo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 am

It seems to work correct.

Note that you cannot scroll further than the end of the page.

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Pablo.

This is so strange. When I preview from my desktop computer at 1920 x 1080 all works just fine. Then from my desktop computer browser reduce the window down to a mobile screen size the website then becomes a mobile version display and again all works just fine but if I actually use a mobile phone to view the website this is where it will not scroll down to the "contact" area of the mobile version. Very strange indeed as my main website scrolls perfectly to all breakpoints. You mentioned something about further than the actual page. Let me check the page heights in the desktop and mobile versions to see the difference.
Thanks for yoyr reply Pablo
Regards
Gary

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:45 am

I've just checked my page heights. The main desktop page height is 2903 and the mobile version is 2162. Yet, on my mobile devices the web page will only scroll down to a page height of " 1200 " Very strange indeed. Why would the website work perfectly from the desktop browser reduced to a mobile screen but will not work on 2 seperate mobile phones. If I can not resolve this problem I am thinking start again with a new mobile version for the webpage. I'll keep working on a solution first though.

Regards

Gary

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:47 am

It also works for me on my iPhone.

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:50 am

Ok Pablo,
thanks for checking, looks like the problem is at my end somwhere.

Regards
Gary

Chris_t

Post by Chris_t » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:00 pm

It doesn't work properly on my Samsung phone when using the Samsung browser, However it does work on the same phone when using Firefox but it doesn't work when using Chrome. I get the same problem as you Gary.

I've found that you really cannot be sure that the mobile breakpoints work properly without using a mobile phone. I find that the Firefox mobile browser is usually the most fussy browser in this regard. I am not using layout grids to do my site though so it seems to be more of a problem if you make your site the way I do.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:27 pm

It may be related to the parallax effect. Not all mobile browsers do support this.

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks for the reply. My phone is a Samsung too and on a chrome browser. Thanks fo rthat information Chris, much appreciated.
Regards
Gary