WYSIWYG not real by definition now

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Lucanus

WYSIWYG not real by definition now

Post by Lucanus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:55 pm

I have stalled as long as I can to start doing new websites in responsive design for my existing sites.

I am serious newbie on responsive sites so I have just played with new layouts using some pre-made blocks and when I inserted different menus and tested them in preview, the menu on desktop (all i tried to view in) went all the way left on desktop screen rather than stay lined with my block.

So it seems in responsive WYSIWYG is not true of the program anymore, what i see and what I get are different.

How do I control the placement of, in this case the menu bar?

Pablo

Re: WYSIWYG not real by definition now

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:22 pm

In WWB there are different layout modes you can choose for responsive web design. The differences are explained here:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=76722

Note that responsive web design is not what-you-see-is-what-you-get by definition: Different viewports will have a different layout.

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:32 pm

@Lucanus, if you want to keep it wysiwyg and responsive you can just use breakpoints, no need to use Flexbox, Layers or Layout Grids.
This is just an option, please don't let me dissuade you from trying one or more of the other options.
And do read the documentation that Pablo refers to.

Lucanus

Post by Lucanus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Thanks for the help and advice, the video on " Introduction to Responsive Web - The Basics " was very well done and extremely helpful.

But I am still struggling to understand why my menu is viewed all the way left on my wide screen desktop, if someone can point me into what controls its position I can search it and find tutorials, I tried a layout grid didn't work.

Meaning my old site here elevatorsathome.com i did not have a issue, specified a page width and place objects precisely where I wanted.

In the responsive I use CNN as example, the content lines up in width left and right, I place objects into page and I am greeting them all the way left, If I say to centre page property I get the object padded over from the left alignment with a block I used above in my test page.

I am just missing how to control the page width in default, other breakpoints no problem,

I get the rest of responsive design just not getting this one part, is it a table, layout grid, flexbox that needs to be setup for page properties?

Sorry for such a novice problem.

Lucanus

Post by Lucanus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:54 pm

I found a really good youtube video of a guy teaching this with this program editor, I won't post link as don't know you allow that but it has made me understand how to layout the site