Fonts not responsive

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Mene

Fonts not responsive

Post by Mene » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 am

Hello,

first I have to excuse, that my English is very bad. I hope, that you can understand, what I write and what my problem is. If something sounds unfriendly or curios, so this is unmeant.

I ´ve nearly made my website with wysiwyg 11 ready and now I want to make the pages responsive.

For this I defined different styles for different formatting in the same text objects. I didn t use the function "enable resp. Fonts" in this Texts.

Yesterday after preview in browser the different formatting in my texts were responsive, when the Screen view gets smaller.

But today, after opening my Project, the formatted texts weren t responsive anymore, both in preview and publish on my computer. All texts, which were responsive yesterday, does not change their size today, when the Screen view gets smaller.

To make the Fonts responsive is really a great Problem in this program version, because sometimes the Fonts are responsive and sometimes not.

I didn t change anything in the site properties, in styles or anywhere else.

I only has begun to format the Texts of an another page in the morning and now all until now formatted texts aren t responsive anymore.

I m really hopeless, because for the time I ve begun to make the texts responsive, the program isn t no longer logical and is corrupt. For example, I need a Long time to find out, when you don´t create the breakpoint of the responsive menu in the page, then the fonts aren`t responsive. I was so happy, because I thought, I found the mistake. But now, everything is the same, the Texts aren t responsive again.

Now I've run out of ideas. Because I don t know, what my mistake is, because I changed nothing, only the format of the text of an another page. :cry:

Is here somebody, who has an idea, what the Problem should be :?:

Many Thanks to all who can help me ... :lol:

Bye

Pablo

Re: Fonts not responsive

Post by Pablo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 am

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Please share your project file and described the exact steps to reproduce this behavior.
Also make sure you have the latest update.

Recommended reading:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/responsive_text.html

And can you please enter a valid order number in your forum profile, otherwise I cannot verify your license.

Mene

Post by Mene » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello Pablo,

Many thanks for your reply,

I've written the valid number into my forum profile. I hope, it is the correct number that you need.

I've also updated my program to 11.6.5. I think, for this version, it was the latest update.

I also knew the help information to make pages responsive.

I cant share my project because my current Wordpress webpage is online. I can only send you my project files per email, if this is ok for you.

Can you please give me your email-address - I can't find it in your profile.

On Monday evening I closed my project and all pages, which I' ve made responsive on this day, has worked. On Tuesday morning I' ve reopend the Project and has started to make responsive the page "kartenlegen-mit-tarot-als-geistig-kreativer-Prozess" with using my defined styles.
The Information on the responsive Fonts is still visible in the Project file, but when I preview or publish the pages, responsive Fonts don't work anymore. (I also tried the same on my husband's Computer, who also has a licence. There we have experienced the same issue.

More Information for the behaviour I can' t unfortunately give. I don't really know, where my mistake is.

Best,
Andrea

PS: I have ca. 50 pages. First an second page aren't still responsive. The following pages till "kartenlegen-mit-tarot-als-geistig-kreativer-Prozess" are styled with different responsive styles. You can figure this out in the text.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 pm

It think there is a conflict in your settings which disables the breakpoints.
You can send the project file to support@pablosoftwaresolutions.com

Please describe the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

Example:
- open the project
- open page 'x'
- click ....
etc.

Mene

Post by Mene » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:13 am

Hello Pablo,

I sent you my Project files per email. I hope you get them.

Thank you ever so much ... :wink:

Bye Andrea

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:34 am

Thank you for sending the project.
However the responsive fonts seem to be working correct.
As far as I can tell all fonts change size in breakpoints.

I have tested it in the latest versions 11.6.5 and 12.2.3
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html

Your project seems to have been created with an older version?

Mene

Post by Mene » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 am

Hello Pablo,

I created my project with 11.6.1 and I updated the program after your reply yesterday.

But also after updating the program, the fonts don't change their size after preview.

Now I have formatted some textobjects with the new version 11.6.5 and the fonts don't change their size after preview too.

My notebook is nearly new, ca. 8 month old, and my husband has the same problem like me. And he doesn't use microsoft edge for browser. Because I thought my browser maybe is the wrongdoer.

Would it help, to send you the files after publishing the site on my computer?

Please excuse me, but I have to solve the problem, because, how you can see, I have many pages in my project and it really is much work, to change them again.

I would even buy the new version 12xxxx, because your program is really awesome for a person like me, who hates Wordpress.

But I have to be sure, what the mistake is and how I can solve the problem.

Bye Andrea

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 am

Can you please tell me the exact object (ID) that do not work for you?

Mene

Post by Mene » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Hello Pablo,

Untill now I 've made these pages responsive:
from page: termin .... to page: geschichte .....

All textobjects with responsive fontstyles on these untill now changed pages don't work after preview or publishing on my computer. In the screen view in program the fonts are responsive (for example: was-ist-tarot (480px)) but the fonts in these until now changed pages are not responsive after preview.

For example:

page: was-ist-tarot Object ID: Text1 or Text11

I don't change these ID`s. The program generated them.

Ok, the only one, which I changed, were bookmarks.

Bye ... :wink:

Mene

Post by Mene » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Hello Pablo,

shall I send you from one of these pages the stylesheet, which don't work. So you can match it with your stylesheet, which you published.

Maybe you can see then at once, what the mistake is?

Bye Andrea

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 pm

In the file you have sent me, the text size is responsive.

Note that normally the option 'include min-width' should be enabled.