Problem with published layout

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
DavidA

Problem with published layout

Post by DavidA » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:03 am

I had a persistent problem with version 11, and am still having it after upgrading to version 12. Most of the time the layout I create in Web Builder translates just fine to Chrome, Samsung tablet and Alcatel phone. Sometimes, however, the layout will be different, such as alignment of text or spacing between text. This is unpredictable. The latest problems are: 1. viewing the home page on my PC where above the pictures the paragraph starting with "With my method..." is not aligned with the paragraph above, and there is no break between paragraphs; 2. viewing the page "More Information" on my Samsung tablet, near the bottom the sub-heading "A basic set up for painting" is not correctly spaced from the paragraph above, and the text below it is much too low down. I can't seem to correct these problems. I have emailed the project file to support@pablosoftwaresolutions.com

Pablo

Re: Problem with published layout

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 am

1. viewing the home page on my PC where above the pictures the paragraph starting with "With my method..." is not aligned with the paragraph above
The text object is not wide enough. So on browser that render the text larger it will wrap t othe next line.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318
2. viewing the page "More Information" on my Samsung tablet, near the bottom the sub-heading "A basic set up for painting" is not correctly spaced from the paragraph above, and the text below it is much too low down. I can't seem to correct these problems.
See also:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318

DavidA

Post by DavidA » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Thanks. I'm still having problems. It's late here so I'll work on it again tomorrow and maybe get back to you.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:24 pm

Did you read related the FAQ article?

DavidA

Post by DavidA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am

Yes I read it. I am not clear about how to leave extra space at the end of a text box. Also, where is the command "Include line-height in text styles".

Layout grids - is that the best way to create responsive web pages?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:06 am

I am not clear about how to leave extra space at the end of a text box.
This means that you will need to make the textbox container larger. So if the browser renders the text larger, there is enough room.
Also, where is the command "Include line-height in text styles".
You will find this in the properties for the textbox.
Layout grids - is that the best way to create responsive web pages?
That depends on what you want.
Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76722

DavidA

Post by DavidA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 am

"That depends on what you want". With respect, an answer like that doesn't help someone who is trying to learn a complex program and does not have a grasp of all the options. What I want is to solve the problem I described.

I have emailed the project file. Would you please look at the page "More information" and explain to me why, on my phone (320 breakpoint), the first image is displayed in the correct position, but the second is not. How exactly do I fix this problem?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 am

That depends on what you want". With respect, an answer like that doesn't help someone who is trying to learn a complex program and does not have a grasp of all the options.
My intention was to point in the right direction.
There are several ways to make your website responsive.
This is explained in the FAQ article I was referring to.
If you need further details then please let me known which part of these tutorials is unclear.
What I want is to solve the problem I described.
Solving the text problem is unrelated to making your website responsive.
Would you please look at the page "More information" and explain to me why, on my phone (320 breakpoint), the first image is displayed in the correct position, but the second is not.
The image is in the right position. The problem is related to the text.
How exactly do I fix this problem?
In the text properties select "Include line-height in text styles" or make the text object wider so the text does not wrap to the next line.

Note: if you send your project can you please include the images, otherwise I still cannot see what your website looks.

DavidA

Post by DavidA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 am

OK, but having studied the method of breakpoints I wanted to make that work, rather than reading about a different method, and as you say, the problem was not related to RWD.

I have fixed the problem with "include line height in text styles". What I still don't understand is how I could make the text boxes any wider without going outside the 320 breakpoint. Or am I still missing the point?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:41 am

What I still don't understand is how I could make the text boxes any wider without going outside the 320 breakpoint.
In that case that will not be useful.

However you will have to keep in mind that text can be larger/smaller depending on which browser the page is viewed in.
So in this case the height of the text box will be larger and the text will be closed to the object below it.

DavidA

Post by DavidA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:53 am

I hope you can understand my frustration, First you recommended making the text box larger, now you say it wouldn't be useful. A novice like me doesn't need to be confused any more than I already am. Let's leave it there.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Please understand that I am doing my best to help you.
Also note that this have nothing to do with the application, I cannot help it that text is rendered differently by different browsers.
However I have done everything I could think of to provide workarounds.
First you recommended making the text box larger, now you say it wouldn't be useful.
I did not know your text object was already full width, if you had included your images with your project then I could load your project and probably could have given you better advice in the first reply.

DavidA

Post by DavidA » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm

I think I have sent the project file three times now, the first time with my initial post. If you needed the images you should have asked me for them at the beginning. I know you are trying to help and I am grateful for that, but as a novice I am in your hands. I rely on you to tell me what you need.