Layout Grid - Ordering

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Starb7

Layout Grid - Ordering

Post by Starb7 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Seems like a simple question but can't find the answer!

I have 2 Layout Grids on a page - how do I insert one into the middle of them so I end up with 3?

Cheers

Paul

Pablo

Re: Layout Grid - Ordering

Post by Pablo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:23 pm

You can use the Arrange tools (move forward/move back) to re-arrange objects.

Starb7

Post by Starb7 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:32 pm

Pablo wrote:You can use the Arrange tools (move forward/move back) to re-arrange objects.
Doh, of course! Cheers, P

p.s. although it seems a bit unresponsive at times, ie you move it down the page such as past an image then move it up again, it doesn't seem to want to but doing a Ctrl + Minus then Plus, Plus, Plus, etc, to get it where you want works. Seems it does not like moving past some objects.

Starb7

Post by Starb7 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:03 am

v11.0.2, "Re-arranging layout grid is now easier with the Arrange tools. Move forward/Move back will skip 'normal' objects in the z-order." Thanks, that's much easier! Great app, cheers, P

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:41 pm

This is my issue exactly. Please explain to me what you did to add another layout grid in between two already there because I just cannot do this.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Again I am not being rude but it does read like you are criticising the program due to you not reading anything put to you and then saying nothing works 'I cannot do this'....and yes I remember you as well...

Carefully read the following...
Layout Grid FAQ

"How do I move a Layout Grid up or down the page?
You can use the Arrange tools (Move forward/ Move backwards) to rearrange Layout Grid.
The arrange tools are available in the Object Manager, Menus/Ribbon and in the context menu (right click). You can also use the '+' and '-' keys on the numeric keypad.
You can also use this to re-arrange the objects inside the grid."

How do I use the Layout Grid?
For an introduction to the Layout Grid please start here!!
Layout Grids Part1
Layout Grids Part2

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Thanks man, I will read up on the links you sent.

I have been making websites using W**dP***s and also by creating custom websites using html5, java and css3 and its very time consuming, so I wanted to try this program once again. I have purchased all licencing for all versions of this software over the years and wanted to try it once again to make my life much easier than spending weeks creating a website from scratch.

Once I get back into this, maybe I can use my experience over the years to create some templates and plugins for others.

Once again, I am sorry for being a pain and please don't take it the wrong way as I am just frustrated as I am just not use to this program anymore.

Steve

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 pm

As you already know from past use 'Help" is always been a big part provided in the forum by Pablo the developer and all its is asked is to read any links put to you. If you are still unsure post your questions were as you will remember be answered usually within minutes by himself or others willing to assist. I may come across as harsh at times but it is not intended in anyway. If you read through any links by myself or Pablo the answer is usually there.

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 pm

OK thanks man,

Just for the record, frustration is not criticizing. I will put my own time into reading before I get FRUSTRATED again.

Once again, I appreciate your help.

Steve

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:43 pm

One quick thing please baconfries

Do you have a preferred way to make padding on the layout grid? I have read that people use White text to add padding or space as when adding an item or text, it goes to the top and does not leave too much room between objects. Just wanted to get your opinion on how you handle this spacing or padding and margins using the grid system.

Steve

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:04 am

I personally would use a margin to add spacing at the top or bottom of a layout grid.