Responsive Grid, Menu, ETC

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
360webfirm

Re: Responsive Grid, Menu, ETC

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am

Just trying to help bud.

joebarkerorlando

Post by joebarkerorlando » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 am

The only thing I need to find out now, is how to make my page responsive that will wrap the text on the page automatically and resize pictures as you move through the screen sizes. I see how it is done using code, but can not figure out how to accomplish this here. I have been just creating several break pages and a bunch of different sizes. If I could figure out the flexbox. Is this how I accomplish this? Or is there another way to do this easily.

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 pm

I am also in the same boat more or less, I have been using the layout grids.

This is what I have been working on for several days - http://canadawebservice.ca/html5/360webfirm/

Its been a long road so far, as I am just learning how to use the grids on a system like this.

joebarkerorlando

Post by joebarkerorlando » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Wow, I am trying to do what you have on your page. Is it the use of the grids? Will have to check it out. I hate reading manuals. Have been using this program now for 3 years. But I have been wasting so much time creating so many breaks.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:05 pm

If I could figure out the flexbox. Is this how I accomplish this? Or is there another way to do this easily.
Did you check out the example templates? Most of them use layout grids to make the layout flexible.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates0.html

See also:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=76722

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Yeah, I used a layer for my menu and the rest I used layout grids. Once you get the hang of it, it is actually not bad at all to work with.

My biggest thing is thinking about what I want to do next. Create more pages, or just use one landing page for all content.

I use to use WordPress and also build using code, but the later is so time consuming and WordPress requires constant work to keep updated and secure and my customer slack on this. Also, WordPress sis a great CMS, but is very load bearing for hosting.

Steve

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Also, you can add your CSS files on a separate file rather than using inline or in page. It is very close to actually building from scratch.

For static websites, its a no brainier for time and money, for CMS dynamic, I will use WordPress even though this program also comes with CMS tools.

let me know if I can be of more help to you. I can even send you my code for my site if you want.

joebarkerorlando

Post by joebarkerorlando » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm

I have been using default layouts are fixed using absolute positions. Had no idea that this program had implement flexible layouts. Now I have my work cut out for me. Once I lean how to setup that page to be flexible layouts, will it be hard to convert all of my pages from fixed to flexible? Will I have to basically recreate all pages? I have about 300 pages already.

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 pm

I have also used this program since version like 8 or 7 or something like that with also holding a licence for all versions. The layout grids was new to me as well. I create the page using several break points. Create your element, than set it up on all screen sizes ( break points ) than continue with another element and so on. This way its easy for you to add content. Make sure you also name your layers ID to make ti easy to find using Object Manager to hide or find items.

joebarkerorlando

Post by joebarkerorlando » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:34 pm

I just went back to your website. did not scroll down to see the rest. I am absolutely amazed at your accomplishments with this program. I was looking this morning to buy another program to do what you have done on your page. How long has it been that this program was capable to do this? I wish it was the default all along. I choose this program to begin with for the simplicity. I love all programs that are easy to learn.

By the way, there is another item that maybe you can answer. Before this software, I use another that when you placed a large photo onto the page, then made it much smaller, when uploading it resized the file size. So if I was placing a 2 MB size photo, if I had it on the page much smaller, the file being uploaded was at it's actual screen size for instance 100 KB. With this program, regardless of screen size, it still uploads the full file size of 2 MB. I have my front page with tons of these large files, that is slowing down loading. I would rather not have to manually resize all of the photos all the time. That last program did it automatically.

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:31 pm

I barely touched the surface of what this program can do. There are so many things you can do with this and Already Made Java you can use and Implement and its a lot to learn at first and I am still learning a lot myself.

Regarding images. Yes, upload to Exact max you need for full screen ( example 1200 pixels ), then go to Google and do a test and they will give you a zip files with Optimized images and just replace with this. My test results in GTMetrex is 99 % speed and optimized.

Google to get optimized images once your site is finished - https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Also, add leverage browsing to your htaccess file. Place Java at Bottom of page. You can do this within your program to request external CSS files and Java location.

Remember, the more work you put into something, the bettor results you will get. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regarding text, add text to your page and then right click, choose responsive, then you can resize in all screens without effecting each other. Make sure you use a layer of some sort and it can be resized also.

Pablo, should give me extra brownie points for promoting it like I do :)

Regards,

Steve

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Place Java at Bottom of page.
Java? you sure you place Java at the bottom of the page? :? or do you mean javascript/jQuery?. Maybe the brownie point should be took back...or not given. :D

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:54 pm

So if I was placing a 2 MB size photo, if I had it on the page much smaller, the file being uploaded was at it's actual screen size for instance 100 KB
You caa use the 'resample' tool to resize images.
Note however that it's always better to resize the image before adding it to the page, because then the large image does not use all the extra memory and it does not need to be processed each time you publish the page.

360webfirm

Post by 360webfirm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm

lol yes, Java goes in its own file .js

I am talking about javascript/jQuery :)

Dont you know bacon fries are bad for your health?