Title size between the text

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
mckonen

Title size between the text

Post by mckonen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Just noticed that if you enable different font sizes in breakpoints, all text will be the same size also Titles in the text box. This is not very handy with the long text, so is there anything else way than copy, paste and hide the other size text...

Pablo

Re: Title size between the text

Post by Pablo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:44 pm

mckonen

Post by mckonen » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Yes I know how to enable responsible font, but I didn't find answer to my question about TITLES, responsible font converts all text size to same also TITILES! Not handy with the long paragraphs, thus you have to make separate Title boxes between the long text ...

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 pm

The reason why I referred you to the tutorial in because it describes how to use styles to have different (responsive) formatting in the same text box.

mckonen

Post by mckonen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes, there is possible to enable different formatting in the same text box with using styles (own or edited and set the breakpoint), this works, but the font changes also to same in the other breakpoints? For some reason I cant this to work right??

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 pm

You need to implement (the same) breakpoints in style to have different font sizes.

mckonen

Post by mckonen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

I made like it was in the example this should not be too difficult, or is it? Here are screen shot;
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/49hlvwubmfte ... xC0Xa?dl=0
I set font size in styles what I wanted for default and 320px and set 320px in the styles dialog box, so when I choose style 1 which is title size 10 and bolded -> text changes also to style 1 in default side too.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm sorry but I need your project so I can see what you have done exactly.
Does my example from the tutorial work for you?

Why did you add 'otsikko' in custom styles? This is not a valid style attribute.

mckonen

Post by mckonen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Ahaa so you must use some valid attributes...but I copied that one page from my project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ejxo9r6k0pi1jr/test.wbs?dl=0

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 am

First of all, please do not use 'portrait' (or orientation) in breakpoints unless you have a good reason to do so. This is not very common and it only make things more complicated.
If you add orientation in the page breakpoints then it also need to be set in the style breakpoints.

Secondly, please remove 'otsikko' from custom styles.

mckonen

Post by mckonen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Changed breakpoint to default and deleted custom styles, Still it is impossible to manage to get right text sizes. How in earth this is so complicated? set title to style 1 in default and in 320 same title went to arial font size 24??? There is not arial in any style now. After this text is somehow freezed to this...Would it be possible to get exact instructions how to enable different size text in the same text box in different breakpoints

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Where can I download your updated project so I can see if it is correct now?
Would it be possible to get exact instructions how to enable different size text in the same text box in different breakpoints
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/responsive_text.html
Did you try my example project from the tutorial?
Does that work for you?
How in earth this is so complicated?
That is because you are trying to do something that is complicated!
The same text can only have different styles if you use (valid) styles, there is no easier way. This is how HTML/CSS works.

mckonen

Post by mckonen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Your example project is totally different issue why do you point that?? there are separate Title boxes, of course it works! So it looks like this is the only way with this software

Just tired *** and it works just very easy, just a change text what ever you like and works as should be good on the smaller screen without any tricks...
Last edited by BaconFries on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swearing

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Please note that I'm trying my best to help you, there is no need to get rude. Your swearing has been removed. Please read the forum rules.
Your example project is totally different issue why do you point that??
You can use different responsive styles in the same text object. Is this not what you are asking?

Please share your updated project file so I can see what you have done and point you in the right direction.

Here is a example (based on your project) of using multiple styles with different font settings in breakpoints:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... ynnet.html
(1 text object, 3 different styles)

mckonen

Post by mckonen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm

I Almost gave up with this, but tried from scratch (on another PC) and responsible text works like I wanted (different text size in the same text box default/ 320px) :!: So looks like that maybe there is something wrong in my project (or the version on the another PC), but anyway maybe have to start a new project and copy everything to the new project...