[rz] Time Based Objects *** UPD 2018-Apr-04 ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
Forum rules
*** IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING [RZ] EXTENSIONS ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available or supported, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
[RZ]

[rz] Time Based Objects *** UPD 2018-Apr-04 ***

Post by [RZ] »

[rz] TBO v1.3

Time Activated Object (aka "TBO").
This lightweight solution allows you to show and hide objects based on the visitor's current time and according to a highly detailed date/time plan.

DEMO

HTML 4.01 Transitional
W3C compliant

* New in version 1.3

- Improved and extended range handler for days of week within specific week on the month.
- The core has been moved to an external file for a faster navigation between pages.
- Minor code tweaks.

* New in version 1.2

- Multiple date/time-plan; it allows to have complex and variable plans to manage in the same instance the same set of objects.
- Time-plan (setup) / mode; this parameter can be "simple" (for backward compatibility - 1.1 and earlier) or "advanced" (1.2 or later).
- Optimized code and improved setup.

* New in version 1.1

- Opposite objects; this category allows to activate and deactivate additional objects that are out of the date/time plan.

* New in version 1.0.2

- Improved object handling.
- Improved/selectable objects activation mode (useful on advanced/complex scenarios).

* New in version 1.0.1

- Redirection support.
- Delayed redirection, letting time to activate/deactivate objects prior to load the target page.

How to use?

1. Design your page with all the elements you want to show.
2. Open the properties dialog box and setup the names of the objects that you want to show and hide.
3. In the same dialog box, setup the date and time plan.
4. For a smoother startup, it is advisable that you hide all the "timed objects" (via the Object Manager panel).
5. Preview or publish.

Enjoy!
Last edited by [RZ] on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Time Based Objects *** UPD 2014-Oct-13 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.0.1.0:

- Redirection support.
- Delayed redirection, letting time to activate/deactivate objects prior to load the target page.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Time Based Objects *** UPD 2015-Oct-23 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.0.2:

- Improved object handling.
- Improved/selectable objects activation mode (useful on advanced/complex scenarios).
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Time Based Objects *** UPD 2015-Nov-26 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.1:

- Opposite objects; this category allows to activate and deactivate additional objects that are out of the date/time plan.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Time Based Objects *** UPD 2015-Dec-09 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.2:

- Multiple date/time-plan; it allows to have complex and variable plans to manage in the same instance the same set of objects.
- Time-plan (setup) / mode; this parameter can be "simple" (for backward compatibility - 1.1 and earlier) or "advanced" (1.2 or later).
- Optimized code and improved setup.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Time Based Objects *** UPD 2018-Apr-04 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.3

- Improved and extended range handler for days of week within specific week on the month.
- The core has been moved to an external file for a faster navigation between pages.
- Minor code tweaks.
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

Hi RZ

I purchased this great extension off you yesterday along with another one but all I receive in the email is a refund.

Can you please let me know what's happened to cause a refund.

Graham
rvanveen

Post by rvanveen »

I bought this extension in March this year and have an additional question.

How does Time Based Objects handles the timestamp I enter in the Time-plan (simple)? I edit my website in Portugal Timezone (UTC+00.00) Lissabon, etc but my website is hosted in the Netherlands Timezone (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, etc.

If a want a change to occur on a specific date at 18:00 hours in the afternoon Lisbon time, is that the time I have to enter, or is it 17:00 hours?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

for support you will need to conctact privately