[rz] Confirm *** UPD 2020-Mar-22 ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
Forum rules
*** IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING [RZ] EXTENSIONS ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available or supported, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
[RZ]

[rz] Confirm *** UPD 2020-Mar-22 ***

Post by [RZ] »

[rz] Confirm v1.1.2.2

The most lightweight solution to have a custom confirmation-box in your website that fits the design, scheme and colors!
This extension replaces the standard javascript confirm() function with some minor changes in your code and can interact with other objects, functions and even in (almost?) any other scenario that custom() is invoked.
It is cross-browser compatible and even supports old ones, tested in all major browsers and touch devices.
Sample project included.

DEMO

HTML 4.01 Transitional
W3C compliant

* New in version 1.1.2.2

- Improved alignment uniformity across platforms including mobiles.

* New in version 1.1.2.1

- Improved interaction with [rz] Button extension when it has i.e. 'push' effects.

* New in version 1.1.2

- Improved modal handling with less resources and better interacts with other extensions.
- Improved backward compatibility.

* New in version 1.1.1

- The core has been moved to an external file for a faster navigation between pages.
- Minor core tweaks.

* New in version 1.1

- Added support for RWD.
- Improved message box positioning.
- Improved keyboard navigability in FireFox.

How to use?

1. Design a layer as you usually do (will be used as the new confirmation-box layout).
2. Add text object within the layer and setup the font type and the color (will be used to display the message).
3. Add an [ok] or [yes] button (or any similar object - it will be used to close the confirmation message and run the "risky" process).
4. Add a [cancel] or [no] button (or any similar object - it will be used to close the confirmation message and, optionally, run other opposite process).
5. Drag and drop the [rz] Confirm extension and put it on top (the last object you add -- also can be placed within the layer to be used as the new confirmation box).
6. Open the extension properties dialog and enter the layer id, the text object id and the [ok] and [cancel] buttons id.
7. Optionally, you can add other decorative elements to the layer.
8. Optionally, you can fine-tune the screen-cover color, the fade-in/out effect, etc.

Inlines frames:

If a page is called from a parent page, follow the same steps as described; just put the confirmation elements in the "caller" page instead of in the embedded page. And in the embedded page (i.e. a php form), just drag and drop the [rz] Confirm (ifr) extension.

What must be changed?

The classic call to the system confirm() function is:

if (confirm('You are about to delete the current record. Are you sure?'))
{
... here is the code ...
}

The minor change should be as follows:

rzConfirm('You are about to delete the current record. Are you sure?', myFunctionToDeleteTheRecord);

or you can have an anonymous function call as follows:

rzConfirm('You are about to delete the current record. Are you sure?', function()
{
... here is he code ...
});

Also you can run an opposite function for the cancelled operation:

rzConfirm('You are about to delete the current record. Are you sure?', myFunctionToDeleteTheRecord, myCancelFunction);

or both can be anonymous calls:

rzConfirm('You are about to delete the current record. Are you sure?',
function()
{
... here is he code for yes ...
},
function()
{
... here is he code for no ...
}
);

Enjoy!

http://www.magnawebstudio.com/shop
http://www.magnawebstudio.com/developer
Last edited by [RZ] on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Confirm *** UPD 2014-10-14 ***

Post by [RZ] »

UPGRADE AVAILABLE

* New in version 1.1

- Added support for RWD.
- Improved message box positioning.
- Improved keyboard navigability in FireFox.
tubby3

Post by tubby3 »

hello im tring to use this extension but i dont get it working i have done what you discribe but it wont work im using WB 10.1.1 work this extension on this WB
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

of course it works!
without seeing what you did (wrong) will be impossible to give you a proper answer
tubby3

Post by tubby3 »

hehe im self also not sure what i do wrong but i have a other problem to with one of your extension i have also de preloader and i saw on your website that if you click on someting there popup en loading screen but i dont know how to make wit your preloader a popupscreen

and with the confirm button i also dont know what i do wrong ill but up a layer i design it then the buttons i config all in you extension but everiting stay on my page
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

there are 2 extensions: [rz] Preloader and [rz] Preloaded Links -- seems you are referring to the second one
i cannot know what you did wrong as you don't tell me, i'm not a clairvoyant...
you can send your project to the e-mail address from which you received the extensions
(pls also describe what you are trying to do and what you are expecting)
tubby3

Post by tubby3 »

mmm i dont know how to explain maby a weaird quest but can you make a example for me so you can sent it to me and i only change de layout i can sent you my buy code if you need it im use wb now for a week so i dont know how everething works yes if you want it i can send you money for a normal price for your work
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

the extension has a sample file
however, for further assistance or others, pls make contact here www.magnawebstudio.com/shop
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Confirm *** UPD 2017-Jun-22 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.1.1

- The core has been moved to an external file for a faster navigation between pages.
- Minor core tweaks.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Confirm *** UPD 2018-Sep-21 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.1.2

- Improved modal handling with less resources and better interacts with other extensions.
- Improved backward compatibility.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Confirm *** UPD 2018-Dec-31 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.1.2.1

- Improved interaction with [rz] Button extension when it has i.e. 'push' effects.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Confirm *** UPD 2020-Mar-22 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.1.2.2

- Improved alignment uniformity across platforms including mobiles.