[rz] Shopping Suite *** UPD 2020-Apr-17 ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
Forum rules
*** IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING [RZ] EXTENSIONS ***

This section contains extensions that were created by [rz] who has sadly passed away.
These extensions are no longer available or supported, but the discussions may still be helpful for some users.
[RZ]

[rz] Shopping Suite *** UPD 2020-Apr-17 ***

Post by [RZ] »

[rz] Shopping Suite v1.4.6.1

Hello all;

I am pleased to announce the arrival of [rz] Shopping Suite!

All you need to start selling!
The most lightweight solution to have a mini yet versatile and powerful e-shop in your web.
Transform your website into a sales point in just a few steps and within minutes.
No MySQL or PHP required.

HTML 4.01 Transitional
W3C compliant

I have been developing more than 70 quality extensions (...who's counting) and initially offered for free but I have been putting a LOT of my personal hours as well as comprehensive and uninterrupted email support day and night and as I am offering more powerful and sophisticated extensions that simply compliment WWB and my user base is getting bigger, I need to spend more time on them and I uniquely write my OWN code so it is only fair that I change my business model from Freemium to Premium and by that you will get Premium extensions as well as comprehensive support and for those of you who know me and deal with me, know that I will not rest until your issues are resolved when using my extensions, in the unlikely event there is a bug or issues as I test my work very thoroughly prior to release. I offer various packages that should cater for every type of user and they are very reasonably priced according to the extensive feedback that I received.

So as of today I will be only offering Premium extension/service and have some amazing extensions to offer and much more to come. Please take a look at my shop and hope you like what I have to offer.

Of course, I want to thank to all the web designers who deeply tested and helped me to both improve and simplify this package! Also thanks to everyone who always supported my work and encouraged me to continue!

Thanks again and...
Enjoy!

ps: i received a few mails asking which tools were used; the shopping site was made using the [rz] Shopping Suite, available online. thanks!
Last edited by [RZ] on Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Mr E Bear

Re: [rz] Shopping Suite

Post by Mr E Bear »

Outstanding - I will be purchasing this in the near future!

The list of features shown here:

Are fantastic, instant e-Commerce solution for webdevs!

One question - I notice that the shopping suite isn't included in any of the packs? Does it have a separate price?

EDIT// Just noticed it's under the commerce section and "coming soon", great stuff :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

Mr E Bear wrote:Outstanding - I will be purchasing this in the near future!

The list of features shown here:

Are fantastic, instant e-Commerce solution for webdevs!

One question - I notice that the shopping suite isn't included in any of the packs? Does it have a separate price?
first things first: thank you for your kind words, your positive feedback, your support and your encouraging words
you are right, the shopping will be a separated pack from the others, although you can combine with other extension as i did
pls note that the quick reference guide is just a brief and there are a lot of more possibilities
the price will soon be available and will be in two versions: [rz] Shopping Essentials and [rz] Shopping Suite bundled with amazing accessories
it is not only w3c compliant, also eu eprivacy compliant! ;)
keep in the loop!
zinc

Post by zinc »

[RZ] Quality work and some amazing extensions that give WWB wings!!!!

If you all WWB users who are serious designer/developers, make sure [RZ] extensions are part of your tools!
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hey! just "some" extensions!? :lol:
thank you a lot for your encouraging words!
(and for deal with me behind the scenes)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

torzameb wrote:Can we have a demo or some screenshots of the back end?
I don't really understand how it works
Thanks
why do you need a demo when you have the actual site working?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

the shopping was made entirely with the extensions
what do you want? the extensions themselves on your pc and then buy?
Mr E Bear

Post by Mr E Bear »

I think Torzamed thought there was an online CMS.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

the MAGNAeSHOP was made entirely with the [rz] Shopping Suite
there are a lot of more features that i don't need but were requested by experienced webdesigners
i cannot get what does he want :?
zinc

Post by zinc »

@torzamed - what RZ is trying to say is there is no backend. This is what makes this extension so cool and so easy to use, it is not like a cms, if you had a slideshow how would you add images? There is no backend. As he is saying his own magna shop is a live example of what his extension are capable of doing and more.... Hope this helps.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@torzameb
as zinc said, there is no back-end -- it is all handled by extensions
not all of them are needed, it depends on how you want to configure your shop and how do you want it to behave
you asked for some screenshots, mr e bear posted a link, just follow this link and you will see them below the quick reference guide (not-comprehensive, there are many other features); hope this link shows you how easy is to setup your shop and start selling within just minutes
with regards
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Shopping Suite *** UPD 2014-Jul-17 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.0.1:

:: Shopping cart module ::

New:

- Multiple selection in products options.
- Multiple selection in variable charges/prices options.
- Optionally, product option selection required.
- Maximum options selected in a product; automatic options-lock when the selected options reach the maximum allowed per product.
- Maximum charges/prices options selected in a product; automatic options-lock when the selected charges/prices reach the maximum allowed per product.

Fixed:

- Sporadic unstable behavior in optional charges list #3.

Improved:

- Products options/charges margins.
- Products options/charges scheme (table/line - normal/expanded).

:: Checkout module ::

Improved:

- Checkout options/charges details.

:: Add to cart module ::

New:

- Product options can point to an input box, a combobox, multiple checkboxes or radio buttons (grouped by name - use value property for the description).
- Product charges can point to a combobox, multiple checkboxes or radio buttons (grouped by name - use value property, comma separated, for the description and the amount).
- Product options can be optional or required and limited by a maximum selected options (checkboxes can be combined with radio buttons within the same group).
- Product charges can be optional or limited by a maximum selected options (checkboxes can be combined with radio buttons within the same group)

(Please read: "Individual items")

:: All modules ::

Improved:

- Browser cookies test/delete.

How to update?

Send an e-mail via the contact form (here: http://www.magnawebstudio.com/shop) with your license-of-use id (has been sent with your purchase).
You will receive the update in your e-mail.
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Shopping Suite *** UPD 2014-Jul-17 ***

Post by [RZ] »

hello
according to the advice from some experts in the area, is preferable that the financial information and regional vat be handled by paypal
however, this does not mean that in a future will be implemented in the extension itself
all the messages that you see in the shop website can be changed with your own ones in the language you want
with regards
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Shopping Suite *** UPD 2014-Nov-07 ***

Post by [RZ] »

UPGRADE AVAILABLE:

* New in version 1.0.2:

- Added RWD support.
- New extension: [rz] Shopping (cleanup); see details in "After the checkout" section.
- Improved code, 10% to 15% smaller for faster page loads and less bandwidth.
- Solved an unstable bug in the Shopping Cart module in FireFox.
- Fixed a minor unstable issue releasing the "remove from cart" icon.

:: Checkout module ::

- Now global discounts can be a rate or a flat amount: for flat amounts, just enter the number; for percentage discounts, add a trailing % to the number. Attention! If you are upgrading from a previous version, you must add now a trailing percentage symbol to the discount rate so as it can behave the same.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello RZ,

One question regarding this extension before buying it:
I am designing a website for a restaurant, the want "Order Online" in their menu.
Will the extension be suitable for that kind of orders (food, drinks...)?
If so, can customers pay upon delivery? I mean, they do not want purchases to be paid by paypal, they just want items to be added to the cart and then pay on delivery. Is it possible?

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hi
because of the technical purpose of this extension this cannot be done
it always connects with paypal to avoid the use of php and sql
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thank you for your response :)
I really wanted to use it with this website as it looks so easy to use :(
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

it is even easier than it looks :)
i will do some tests to add this feature, but at some point must use php... perhaps a separated plugin to connect to this functionality
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Well, if that can be done soon I will definitely buy the extension, I really need something easy to use.
Please keep me updated, and if you can tell me how time it might take, I can start designing the site and leave the shopping part until the end, as they are on a hurry to see their site up and running.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i'm testing some codes that must be working next week, you may be receiving a final answer within two weeks (in your email or an update posted here, don't know right now what will be first)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello [rz] :)

Any news about the "Pay on delivery" option?

Thank you.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hello
not yet :(
anyhow, are you aware of this feature from paypal?
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hmmm sorry, I didn't get what you mean!
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

if my memory is working fine ( i doubt :) ) i think that paypal has deferred payments
anyhow, don't worry, i started to research which way can be the simplest and highly customizable to manage that... if i understood correctly the buyer pays cash (or any other method not related to paypal) once received the goods
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Yes, the customer orders food online showing what they ordered in the shopping basket (just like the one you have in your eSHOP), and when they choose "Checkout", they are directed to a page where -if possible- the items are listed -let's say- on the top of the page with quantities and prices and total, and beneath that there is a form to fill which is the name, address, phone, email, etc...
then upon Submit, they are directed to a success page. Now the restaurant gets the email, and the customer pays on delivery, so there is no payment done before that.

I am sure you are aware of those 2 extensions Pablo adjusted for WWB; NOP Shopping Cart and Smart Cart.
I tried them both. The Smart Cart seems simple and has some good features like "Category". If you tried that, you will notice that after the "Checkout", you will be directed to a page that contains the order details on the top, and under that, two forms to fill.
I played around with the code as I had to remover one of the forms (billing form) and keep the address form. I also had to change some visuals regarding the order details in the next page, so it is kinda a headache (though I enjoyed it :D ). Plus, there is something I really didn't like, if you are on the forms page and you had to hit back to add another item, the cart becomes empty!

Of course you do not have to adjust the extension according to my needs, I am just suggesting the "Pay on delivery" option as it might be useful for some other users.
I know that adding the ability to show the order details on the form page will require php to pull the cart details, but what I know is that you are genius enough to implement a smart workaround. Maybe something like when buyers are directed to paypal; the left side contains the order summery, and the right side contains the form? That is if you want to implement it at the first place of course ;)

Sorry for this long detailed reply :)

Thanks [rz], you are just amazing :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

well, seems i understand... (still in doubt about this :) )
next week will be something....
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hahaha :)

Thanks a lot man, I am eagerly waiting ;)
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

supersonictt wrote:Hello [rz] :)

Any news about the "Pay on delivery" option?

Thank you.
This will be nice. :)
In some countries PayPal is not aviable. :/

I would be happy if in the check box, next to the option of paying via PayPal, exists the option "order and pay cash on delivery".
It should work independently of paypal and should open the page in which the customer has entered his address and sent together with the content of check box to the email of seller. :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i started to experiment with some basics, i'm trying to find the break-even point between:
less-as-possible resources
simplicity
customization/freedom
pls dear designers be patient as there is money involved (each change must be quad-checked) not just pixels or colors :)
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

[RZ] wrote: pls dear designers
Since I discovered your extensions I'm really starting to feel like a web designer :D :wink:
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

:lol:
zinc

Post by zinc »

naftalina wrote:
[RZ] wrote: pls dear designers
Since I discovered your extensions I'm really starting to feel like a web designer :D :wink:
That's why it pays to buy a commercial extension than a freebie. As you can see RZ is offering things that designer's dream to have.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

thank you all for your kind words!

(if all goes well, hope later next week will be updates)
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Shopping Suite *** UPD 2015-Jan-01 ***

Post by [RZ] »

UPGRADE AVAILABLE

* New in version 1.0.3:

- Added support for "Pay-on-delivery" mode to the check-out process.
- Customizable payment panel in the check-out extension (it is shown when more than one payment is accepted).
- Removed not needed files in the clean-up module.
- New extension: [rz] Shopping (pod) to be used with the check-out custom form.
- Full working sample wb project with custom check-out form included.

Please note:
For the "Pay-on-delivery" mode, your server must support PHP as this module requires PHP and must be uploaded to the server to run.

Feel free to play with this simple demo: http://www.magnawebstudio.com/shop/test (for your security, the PayPal option has been disabled).
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

I installed the update and after that I changed a detail page that has nothing to do with shopping but now checkout module does not work? On that page, I do not want to add a "pay on delivery" option. I just want to shop works as before, for now.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

pls install all the included extensions and upload the entire site with all of its files
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

I did again, but still wont work. I don't have pay option (card icone).
Do I have to reinstal old versions first?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

do you have a link to see what you have done?
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Yes. This is on my template: http://korkyraethno.com/template/rozalina/
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Now I opened site from template (so, I didn't change nothing) and checkout module still wont work.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

you did not tell the extension which paypal account you have, so the icon won't appear
enter the email or the business account you have in paypal, if it is a template, you should use the sandbox mode to prevent true transactions be done
if you have no idea what we are talking about, just enter something like 'no merchant' (without the quotes) in the paypal account
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Sorry! So, this don't have nothing with update. Everything is ok. Sandbox is already enabled, but after I finished template, I removed my email and I didn't see that I unabled pay option with that.
So everything is ok. Template user can use templete. Just must add paypal account :)

Thanks for the update and all the best in the new year! :)
Last edited by naftalina on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

:)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello [rz],

Happy New Year :)
And Thank you for this amazing update, I will buy it in 2 days.
I noticed that in the online demo for "Pay on delivery", you added a registration process which I really like, and after the confirmation, the customer is redirected to the login page and THEN all his details (address, phone number...) are already filled in the fields. Is this exact working demo included in the sample demo that comes with the extra extension? I read "Full working sample project included with all the forms you need to support the Pay-on-delivery mode!", just want to make sure.

Thank you.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hello supersonictt
the online demo has some extras that come with the suite version plus the [rz] Flat Side Menu
the included demo does not use any extra, it is 100% based on standard wb objects and of course the extensions that come with the essentials version
the only thing you need is upload to the server and the server must support php
if you do not want to support pay on delivery, you do not need php nor mysql
if you want to support p-o-d, you will need php for the signup, login, details form, signup, etc, but if you configure these objects -within wb- to be mysql based, then you need php and mysql, but all this is up to you
in just a few words, yes, you will be able to do the same as in the online demo, except the nice alerts and confirmation boxes, or the nice tooltips, but if you have the diamond pack you will be able to do a nicer application than the dull demo you are referring to :)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Well, I purchased the Platinum pack, remember? ;)
So I guess I just need the essential suite and the p-o-d extension, right?
What I meant in my previous post: as soon as the customer enters his username and password and then re-directed to the check-out (the form page), all his info are automatically filled in the form. Well, is this specific feature included in the extension sample demo? Or did you add extra codes to do that in the live demo?
I know how to deal with the login tools in WWB, so do not worry about that :)

Thanks again
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i guess you will need the [rz] CBO to comply with the EU eprivacy rules
if you are planning a rwd scenario, you may need to upgrade your pack
yes, the sample included can do all the process as you see in the online demo
take that sample as a sort of "tutorial" just in case you may need assistance, as we could talk in the same language :)
but you said that you can deal with wb login tools, so i'm pretty sure you won't be facing any issue
(check the included extensions in both packages and compare with what you have, and make your decision)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks a lot, yes I guess the included sample will explain everything :)
I will see what extensions I have and get the rest.

Thanks a lot :)
[RZ]

Re: [rz] Shopping Suite *** UPD 2015-Feb-18 ***

Post by [RZ] »

* New in version 1.0.3.1:

- Improved actions/buttons for iOS-based touch devices.
- Fixed the focus handling in [rz] Shopping (b-monitor) module.
- Fixed a sporadic interference between [rz] Shopping (checkout) and [rz] Shopping (b-monitor) modules.
- The empty cart button is not shown when the ordered products list is empty.
- Improved HTML generation in [rz] Shopping extension.
- Improved image handling in actions icons and other minor code tweaks.