[rz] Elegant Scroll *** UPD 2016-Jul-02 ***

In this section you can announce self-made paid extensions.
*** THIS SECTION CONTAINS PAID EXTENSIONS ONLY ***
[RZ]

Re: Elegant Scroll *** UPDATED Jul-28-2012 ***

Post by [RZ] » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:44 pm

i can't understand you. what are you trying to do?
the link you click on is an image and then the page scrolls to the bookmark position?
if you want that image to be fixed, move it into a sticky layer.
as far as i can understand from your post is "is not only behavior with the Elegant Scroll Extension but this is behavior with normal scroll to a bookmark"; so, what do you expect from me?
please post a sample.

presto

Post by presto » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 pm

How are you able to understand me when you do not read properly what I have written. You wrote in your answer "the link you click on is an image and then the page scrolls to the bookmark position?"

I had written the exact contrary. I wrote that I have a link in a MENU (#picture_1), the target of that link is a PICTURE (id="picture_1"). When I click on the menu then the page scrolls to the picture. Okay, fine so far, that is what it is supposed to do.

My question was regarding the position of the picture (or any other target) after the scroll. I would like to have it allways at the top of the viewport after the scroll. In some cases this does not happen. And I was wondering why respectively how I can change that.

So, if you do not know the answer to my question, please tell me, it's perfectly ok. But stop telling me that I ask not understandable questions as long as you do not read my question properly.

Thank you for your efforts anyway.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:34 pm

sorry, i can't remember... did you pay me? or i'm trying to help you for free?
you are impolite and ungrateful! or you just laugh at me?
even if you paid me does not entitle you to disrespect.
please don't use the extension and delete it if you can't find it useful.
fortunately other users find my extensions and my help useful.

presto

Post by presto » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:36 am

Well, so you think I am impolite, although I used the terms "please" and "thankyou". And again I am afraid you read things I never even have intendet to say. I never told you that I don't like your extension (actually I really like all of them and you have done an excellent work) nor did I tell you that I find it unusefull. If that was the case, I wouldn't repeat my question again and again.

I personaly think it is a bit unpatient not to read my question properly, therefore to make non appropriate conclusions and to tell me that I should read the helpfile to understand some basics.

So, my dear friend, in conclusion, may I simply wish you Shalom.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 am

you first posted that your english is not your mother tongue.
well, mine neither...
i just tried to answer and help you as fast as i can.
viewport is not the same thing as the viewable area of the browser. so, i may got confused.
sorry, lets start again and from scratch.

if you maximize your browser, your content may result not so long as needed to show the pointed element at the top of the browser's area. if this is the case, you must add a dummy blank space at the bottom of the content. so it seems to be "misplaced", but actually this is the way that all browsers behave.

Code: Select all

browser  short content   long content
|     |  xxxxxxx           xxxxxx
|     |  xxxxx             xxxxxxxx
*-----*  xxxxxxx           xxxxxx
         xxxxxx            xxxxxxx
                           xxxxxxx
                           xxxx
                           xxxxxxx 
if you place a bookmark at the third line, the short content won't have enough content to scroll down, but if you place it at the same place but in the long content, so, the content will scroll more down (and the pointed object will seem it is at the top of the viewable area of your browser).
hope this can clear up the misunderstandings.

shalom for you too.

presto

Post by presto » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:05 am

Thank you very much. Your explanation was very helpful to me. Sorry again for the confusion.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 am

no problem.
apologies from me too for the misunderstandings...

presto

Post by presto » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 am

I have a slight problem with the Elegant Sroll Extension (which I like pretty much) in combination with jQueryTabs. Doubleclicking on the title of an active tab makes the complete jQueryTab scrolling to the very top of the page what is not desired. Is it possible to avoid this? May be just with some lines of jQuery javascript which I can add manually to my page in order to make tabs non-scrollable.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:03 pm

i'm sorry, the way jquery tabs was designed and the way this extensions works, each one overlaps the work of the other.
i think about three possibilities:

1. build a patch for jquery tabs
2. put your jquery tabs in an individual page and in you main page put an iframe pointing to the subpage with the jquery object
3. wait for an extension upgrade

well...

1. in my humble opinion, it doesn't make sense, because may be other objects that may work the same way
2. it is the solution we can have right now at hand and works fine with any other object that can cause the same conflict
3. i have no time frame for this, it may take me a few days to make and full test the modification; i can take a look at this only on next monday

i think the option #2 is [temporarily] the best; anyhow, i will try to make an update as soon as i can.

thank you for your interest in this extension
Last edited by [RZ] on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

presto

Post by presto » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

The "issue" is quite simple: Since the tabs of an jQueryTab have "a href="#jquerytabs1-page-0" etc. the doubleclick will trigger your extension.

<div id="jQueryTabs1" style="position:absolute;width:958px;height:640px;">
<ul>
<li><a href="#jquerytabs1-page-0"><span>Item 1</span></a></li>
<li><a href="#jquerytabs1-page-1"><span>Item 2</span></a></li>
<li><a href="#jquerytabs1-page-2"><span>Item 3</span></a></li>
<li><a href="#jquerytabs1-page-3"><span>Item 4</span></a></li>
</ul>
</div>

I have a project I am still working on (where I detected the issue). I could upload it to a server if it's neccessary to you to see it in action. But actually I would prefer if not. Anyway thank you for your efforts.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 pm

i edited my post while you was posting yours...

don't worry, you don't need to post a sample.
i looked at the source and now i know how it works (i'm not familiar with the jquery tabs).
the issue is not so quiet simple, because both extensions have almost the same method, this is the reason that they "overlap" the work of the other one.
please take a second read to my previous post.
hope this helps until i can improve the extension as soon as possible

presto

Post by presto » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Ah, now I see that you had already given a more complete answer to my question. So my post is obsolet.

The proposed solution #2 is not really satisfying me since the idea of the project is to have a one-page-site. :D For that reason your extension is marvellous - and solution #2 was a bit contradictionary. In addition withe the link to a certain tab I not only scroll to the tab but at the same time activate a specific tab and also activate an accordion on the tab.

Example: href:"index.html#bookmark_adressen" onclick="{$('#jQueryTabs1').tabs('select',0);$('#jQueryAccordion1_id').accordion('activate',0)}

So this wouldn't work with an iframe.

Could you help me with building a patch, I am not an expert with jQuery and javascript although I have made some scripts already, but more by reading and then proceding with a lot of trial and error. If it is not to time consumimg to you I would appreciate tha very much.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:13 pm

a patch will take me [at least] twice the time for an extension update... moreover, you will need to install this patch... so i think the effort won't worth.
don't worry about your one-page-design, although you have an iframe, you visually still have one page...
i think it is the fastest [temporarily] solution until i build an extension update.
just need a bit of patience... i'm too busy this week and i don't like to release a code with bugs or not well tested.
with regards.

presto

Post by presto » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 pm

[RZ] wrote: i don't like to release a code with bugs or not well tested
So do I. I will be waiting for an update to come. Since then I hope that no user will click on an open tab. :wink: If so, nothing real bad will happen, anyway. Thanks for your support.

jordan

Post by jordan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm

hi [rz],

I'm sure you would find a fix but maybe this can help
if it's just to exclude WB jquery tabs you could do it by adding a filter to your code

if(document.compatMode!="BackCompat"){$('a[href*=#]').not('a[href*="jquerytabs"]').click(function(){ …

maybe this saves you some time ? . :) .

regards,

=======================================================================================
=======================================================================================

@presto

hi presto,

you could also solve it by adding this between the <HEAD> of your page
===============================
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function (){$('#jQueryTabs1 a').on('click',function(){$(this).parent().addClass('scrollable_navigation')})})
</script>
===============================