Using the CMS

Issues related to the CMS tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/cms_tools.html
A lot of information about the Content Manager System can be found in the help/manual. Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the demo template that is include with the software.

CMS trouble shooting / FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43245
skanaba

Re: Using the CMS

Post by skanaba » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Hello Pablo, Thank you for your input. I modified the CMS View to read exactly as shown in the javascript and the vertical sizing now works! Yeah!
Of course....another few questions:
1. Here is the link again to the LDV Winery home page: http://ldvwinery.com/dev/ In order to get some padding around the content for the "Wine Tip Wednesday" CMS, I added a table within the CMS editor with 35 pixels of padding. Although the page now looks like our origninal page layout, My question: When we create breakpoints for the mobile version of the site, can you offer any suggestions regarding the use of the table and if it will work with the mobile version?
2. We also intend to use your Blog script for the Blog page. Does the blog script allow archiving of previous blogs? If not, any ideas on how to accomplish this? Most blogs that we see do have a way to access past blogs....either with a listing of headlines with links or a long scrolling page.
Thanks again! Steve

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:04 am

1. All online content will be the same in all breakpoints. Note WWB has no control over the content online, it is controlled by the online editor.
2. The blog script does not allow archiving of previous blogs. If you need this functionality then you will need to implement it yourself or use a third party script.

skanaba

Post by skanaba » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Thank you, Pablo. Since the blog extension with Web Builder 12 does not offer an archive, we have worked with phpjabbers.com in the past, and wanted to send you the link to their install page for their Blog script:
http://demo.phpjabbers.com/1521052677_8 ... ionInstall
If you don't mind, please let me know if you see any potential problems with installing the script. Pasting in the various strings of code is straightforward and my main questions:
1. Would we use a CMS View container, or simply create a layer to insert the code where the Blog will be displayed?
2. Also, I am assuming that the same java script will be needed to allow for the content to adjust vertically to the height of the Blog content?
Thanks again! Steve

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:00 pm

1. Usually the HTML object is the best way to insert third party code.
2. I do not think that will work, but it depends on the structure code.
If you need a flexible design then it's probably best to use Layout Grids, so the rest of the content is automatically pushed down.

Please note that I cannot help with the integration of third party code, because for me it may also take a lot of time to figure out how it works.

skanaba

Post by skanaba » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Thank you. If you are interested, I will let you know how the script worked out.
Steve

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Yes, please let me know how it works out.

skanaba

Post by skanaba » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello Pablo, well, I installed a blog script from PHPJabbers.com and now find a weird issue... If I use layers to build a page the blog script uses a string of code at the very beginning of the page: <?php
ob_start();
?>
... and at the very end of the page: <?php include '/webroot/l/a/lawre006/ldvwinery.com/www/dev/wtwscript/app/views/pjLayouts/pjActionLoad.php'; ?>
And, they instruct to place this code where the blog should appear on the page: {STB_LOAD}
My questions:
1. I built the page using layers and found that upon uploading the page, the very beginning and very end code that I pasted in dissapear! What would cause that?
2. So...I went ahead and built another page using the same content only this time with layout grids. This time, the sample post (wine tip wednesday) does show up. Here is a link to the page in its present state....it still needs some work. http://ldvwinery.com/dev/test-wtw.php (the PHP people will be helping with alignment, font and some other aesthetic issues).
3. Do you know why the background in the footer dissapears? It was a dark brown textured .jpg
4. Do you feel that I am locked into using a layout grid....this will make us rethink the page design since the page is not working as planned, which was to use the set points and optimize each "size".
Thank you! Steve

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:46 pm

I do not think layers have anything to do with this issue.
Maybe there is other conflicting code on the page?
Or maybe have enabled HTML formatting options in Tools->Options->HTML?

It will be very difficult to help you without seeing your project. I cannot see what you have done based on the published page.

ConsciouSince2017

Post by ConsciouSince2017 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm following this thread. I'm also starting to play with the CMS object, and the first thing I noticed is how the CMS View container doesn't automatically adjust its size when I create a new entry that is too long to fit the CMS View and the text overflows. I tried dragging the CMS View object inside a Flexbox or Layout Grid but it doesn't work (usually, the layout grid border highlights to indicate the dragged object is within/inside the layer).

If special coding knowledge is needed, I can probably wing it and do okay, but can someone point me in the right direction, please? What code exactly do I modify (javascript? css file? php?) and what code editor would I use, and how would I integrate this custom script/code into WWB? The only custom coding I have done is when I need to modify the Page HTML. I'm pretty confidenct with HTML but not with javascript.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:51 pm

The CMS view can be used inside a layout grid. No special code is needed.