Modify CMS User Privileges

Issues related to the CMS tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/cms_tools.html
A lot of information about the Content Manager System can be found in the help/manual. Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the demo template that is include with the software.

CMS trouble shooting / FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43245
nathaninidaho

Modify CMS User Privileges

Post by nathaninidaho » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:48 pm

I am utilizing the CMS with the user manager plugin on a client's site. They need each assigned user to be able to edit all pages created by any other user. Can you point me to what modification I need to make to the php code on the server? In other words, is there a modification I can make to the code on the server that would associate each user's password as the 'administrator', allowing them to edit all pages?

The intent here is that all employees need to be able to edit the pages, yet when an assigned user moves on, no longer with the client's business, they can simply delete their username and password and leaving the real administrator password unchanged.

I can edit the code on the server after it's published, I just need some pointer here as to what to look for....

Thanks!
Nathan

Pablo

Re: Modify CMS User Privileges

Post by Pablo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:16 pm

I'm sorry I cannot help you modify the code, for me this may also take several hours (or days) to implement this modification.

nathaninidaho

Re: Modify CMS User Privileges

Post by nathaninidaho » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Support,
Completely understand the time that could be consumed with this. For now I will instruct the client that everyone use the same u/n & p/w, when an employee moves on they'll just have to change the p/w...

As always, thanks for the prompt reply, great support and continued improvements you make to WWB. Much appreciated!

Nathan