know id content for admin

Issues related to the CMS tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/cms_tools.html
A lot of information about the Content Manager System can be found in the help/manual. Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the demo template that is include with the software.

CMS trouble shooting / FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43245
wod67

know id content for admin

Post by wod67 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Hello

When I'm connected to the cms can t we know the content ID so that we can create an ID (fixed content), this helps to fixed content editable by the customer

we have only in administration cms the fields
name, created by, last update, description

I want to insert the id of the document

Thanks

sorry for my english

Pablo

Re: know id content for admin

Post by Pablo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:20 pm

The id of the page can be found by moving your mouse over links in the overview.

wod67

Post by wod67 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:48 pm

ok thanks Pablo

Starb7

Post by Starb7 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Pablo wrote:The id of the page can be found by moving your mouse over links in the overview.
Have hit a small snag!

I use the basic CMS editor and it works fine for what I need, basically to let the user edit some text on a fixed page. I let the user log in and create pages and edit them and instead of having a navigation menu, I just display the relative edited page in the fixed page area, eg http://www.awebsite.co.uk/cmsdemo/content.php?page=X where X is the fixed page content to show.

This all works fine until the user 'deletes' a page in the admin panel and creates a new one. The hard-coded link above no longer has a page ID of 5 and so understandably, nothing shows (no error messaging is on).

So, is there a way of either stopping the user deleting a page (and so losing the ID) or better still, a way of assigning an ID to a page in the editor so it can be picked up using the '...?page=x' format to show it?

"So close but yet so far..."

Cheers

Paul

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue May 12, 2015 4:55 pm

The option 'Disable page management for users' can be used to hide "Create new page", "Copy", "Delete", "Set homepage" and "Order" for standard users.

Starb7

Post by Starb7 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Pablo wrote:The option 'Disable page management for users' can be used to hide "Create new page", "Copy", "Delete", "Set homepage" and "Order" for standard users.
Does not appear to work! I have set the 'Disable page management for users' property but can still delete and create new pages. Also, although I have specified a user name in the settings panel, you don't have to put one in when you log into the page and can just enter the password to access the admin page. Please take a look here http://www.supake.co.uk/CMS/administrator.html (as you can see, you can login without the user ID).

Here's the content page http://www.supake.co.uk/CMS/content.php. As you 'delete' a page in the Admin panel, the unique ID get lost. Ideally a method of re-linking a Admin page to an ID would sort it.

Is there any more info/guides on the rest of the functions, ie the Plugins, Editor Settings options and so on?

Cheers

Paul

EDIT #1: Ignore this for a minute - I think I might see what's wrong - testing now!

EDIT #2: OK, after some testing I am no further forward!
I can see that I can add a new page and put a 'Login' routine into it but that only blocks a user from accessing the page and once a legit users knows the page, they can simply bypass this login page and go directly to the admin page and wreak havoc!
What I need to know and try and work out is how do I restrict any user logging into the admin page and deleting or creating pages? I can only seem to login as the Administrator/owner (and only need the password for that) but cannot see where I can create a USER and PASSWORD for non-admins to log-in.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul
Last edited by Starb7 on Tue May 12, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue May 12, 2015 6:16 pm

You probably logged in as the 'admin'.

From the help:
Disable Page Management for users
Enable this option to hide "Create new page", "Copy", "Delete", "Set homepage" and "Order" for standard users. The options will still be available for the administrator.

Starb7

Post by Starb7 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Pablo wrote:You probably logged in as the 'admin'.

From the help:
Disable Page Management for users
Enable this option to hide "Create new page", "Copy", "Delete", "Set homepage" and "Order" for standard users. The options will still be available for the administrator.
I did as I can't login with anything else! Please see previous comments. Thanks, P

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue May 12, 2015 8:31 pm

I did as I can't login with anything else!
Log out or close the browser to end the login session

Starb7

Post by Starb7 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 am

Pablo wrote:
I did as I can't login with anything else!
Log out or close the browser to end the login session
I did! It makes no difference as (see prev post) you can't login with a given user name, eg http://www.supake.co.uk/CMS/administrator.html only lets me log in with the password 'bramble' - and only needs that! I can't login with 'Paulo' or 'Pablo', just 2 names I have added. What am I missing?
TIA.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 13, 2015 11:14 am

You can add users with the 'User Manager' plugin or integrate the login tools.

Starb7

Post by Starb7 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:44 am

Pablo wrote:You can add users with the 'User Manager' plugin or integrate the login tools.
OK, will give that a spin, cheers, P