Hot Arctic - free template

Please post free templates here
naftalina

Hot Arctic - free template

Post by naftalina »

Demo: http://naftalina.org/temp/hotarctic
Download: http://naftalina.org/temp/hotarctic/HotArctic.rar
Extensions: Background Strecher, UPS and Inlineframe Redirect
Last edited by naftalina on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BaconFries

Re: Hot Arctic - free template

Post by BaconFries »

@naftalina This has to be asked..do you have copyright permissiom of all the images used within the template?
Are the images by yourself? If not, do you have permission of the copyright owner to use these images to redistribute them in a template if no then you are not allowed to post or share within the forum...

Please read the following
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=28797
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Naftalina,

This looks very like the site you said you were doing for a friend where you and I had some discussion about using inlineframes for the navigation. Can you confirm that you resolved the fact that a search engine would never crawl the site if it was set up the way you had it (using inline frames) and that if you pass the site through a search engine simulator that content will now be seen?
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

BaconFries wrote:@naftalina This has to be asked..do you have copyright permissiom of all the images used within the template?
Are the images by yourself? If not, do you have permission of the copyright owner to use these images to redistribute them in a template if no then you are not allowed to post or share within the forum...

Please read the following
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=28797
I don't have. Template is free and pictures are for presentation only.
If somebody choose to use this temmplate I guess he don't want bear on the background.
Anyway, if you think is not ok and not in accordance with the rules of the forum, I will remove my post.
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Adendum wrote:Naftalina,

This looks very like the site you said you were doing for a friend where you and I had some discussion about using inlineframes for the navigation. Can you confirm that you resolved the fact that a search engine would never crawl the site if it was set up the way you had it (using inline frames) and that if you pass the site through a search engine simulator that content will now be seen?
I allready did test wit search engine simulator and I don't see any problem.

So, I did same as before. The main page I named "main.html" (instead of "index.html"). Also, For this page I set the option "do not include this page in the search index and site map."
Page that is displayed in an iframe, I named "index.html" and used the "inlineframe re-direct plugin" to redirect to "main.html".
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Naftalina,

OK, just trying to save you a lot of grief when people start using this.

You have another problem with this template and the temp site for your friend. I just tried using both from my iPad and it doesn't work. You see the index/main page OK but as soon as you use the navigation it doesn't work. You get a partial page with some seriously nasty jerking and zero navigation. iPads don't do inline frames - another reason not to use them. So for any iPad or iPhone user the site will be dead in the water.

If I were you I would look at changing BOTH site and template to use an animated layer with events to replicate the inline frame. That way you get to name the pages properly e.g. the root page can and always should be index, your site will get crawled and the 10 million or so iPad users will be able to use the site and the 50 million odd iPhone users will be able to as well.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Adendum wrote:Naftalina,

OK, just trying to save you a lot of grief when people start using this.

You have another problem with this template and the temp site for your friend. I just tried using both from my iPad and it doesn't work. You see the index/main page OK but as soon as you use the navigation it doesn't work. You get a partial page with some seriously nasty jerking and zero navigation. iPads don't do inline frames - another reason not to use them. So for any iPad or iPhone user the site will be dead in the water.

If I were you I would look at changing BOTH site and template to use an animated layer with events to replicate the inline frame. That way you get to name the pages properly e.g. the root page can and always should be index, your site will get crawled and the 10 million or so iPad users will be able to use the site and the 50 million odd iPhone users will be able to as well.

Thanks! :)
I really appreciate your knowledge and comments, and I thank you for them.
So, is it possible to make a special design for iPaid and automatic redirect?
On my "Naftalina" page i paste code which automaticly redirecting mobile to my "Mixcloud 'page.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Sure, that's one solution but why make more work for yourself and any users of your template? Redirecting means you have to send visitors to another site which means you need to design, build and maintain two sites.

It will be easier, safer, faster and more economical if you design, build and maintain just one site. My life long mantra is "Work Smart, Not Hard" so I will always look for the smart way rather than the hard way.

It wont take you long to re-work your design. Create a master frame page. Add a header/footer layer and add your navigation elements. Animate as required. Place the content place holder. Create a few pages to match up with your navigation and you are done.

naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Adendum wrote:Sure, that's one solution but why make more work for yourself and any users of your template? Redirecting means you have to send visitors to another site which means you need to design, build and maintain two sites.

It will be easier, safer, faster and more economical if you design, build and maintain just one site. My life long mantra is "Work Smart, Not Hard" so I will always look for the smart way rather than the hard way.

It wont take you long to re-work your design. Create a master frame page. Add a header/footer layer and add your navigation elements. Animate as required. Place the content place holder. Create a few pages to match up with your navigation and you are done.

Thanks! :)

Whoever it is somewhere Pablo (or someone) wrote: WYSIWYG is the opposite concept of responsive web design.
OK, the site will work in a mobile phone but will not work correctly.
Yes, it's truth that needs more work, but I think it is still the better solution to make a special simple (with just basic informations) design for mobile.

In any case, if I understand correctly, you suggest useing of master frame instead of iframe?
I've didn't used a master frame jet, but I will certainly study the manual. :)
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

[1] I just put http://naftalina.org/temp/hotarctic/main.html through the spider simulator http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-s ... ulator.php and the only text it is seeing is the words "Hot Arctic" and it sees no links or any other text you would expect to see from at least the first page:-
Spidered Text : Hot Arctic
Spidered Links : No spiderable links found.
Meta Keywords : No meta keywords found.
Meta Description : No meta description found.

So this is DEAD TO SEARCH ENGINES!

[2] You DON'T NEED mobile version of this site. Design it right and it will work in ALL devices.

[3] No I am not suggesting you use the master frame technique instead of an iframe. I am saying DO NOT USE AN IFRAME. Find another way. If I were doing this I would start with a master frame page to make the rest of the build easier.

naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Adendum wrote:[1] I just put http://naftalina.org/temp/hotarctic/main.html through the spider simulator http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-s ... ulator.php and the only text it is seeing is the words "Hot Arctic" and it sees no links or any other text you would expect to see from at least the first page:-
Spidered Text : Hot Arctic
Spidered Links : No spiderable links found.
Meta Keywords : No meta keywords found.
Meta Description : No meta description found.

So this is DEAD TO SEARCH ENGINES!
I think that you must put http://naftalina.org/temp/hotarctic instead, and angine will find index.html
for mian.html I set option: "Don't include this page in the search index".
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

OK, whatever you are happy with.

naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Adendum wrote:OK, whatever you are happy with.
I'm not happy if do not work.
Thank you a lot for giving me pointed to the problems and mistakes that I did.
I will think about everything you wrote and do it right.

Thanks again. :)
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

I just typed into Google "hot arctic naftalina" and the page is found! : D
https://www.google.hr/search?q=hot+arct ... 3&ie=UTF-8
Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil »

Hi it`s possible download this template? The original links not work.
I found nice DEMO on http://www.pokemontrainers.net/prva.html, but it`s not possible download this :(
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

I am not sure if I still have this template. If I find them, I will upload demo and send you link.

this is how site looks originaly: http://korkiraethno.com/hot/prva.html
naftalina

Post by naftalina »

Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil »

Many Thanks.
Last edited by Vlastimil on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vlastimil

Post by Vlastimil »

Hi, I have problem with use inlineframeredirect extension - when i instal this (manualy or using install possibility in WWB), the template is in system/templates directory, but not showed under Extensions and is not possible use this. In template is used inlineframeredirect.uwbx, not inlineframeredirect.wbx, that i download froom funky5.co.uk. I use last WWB 9.4.4. The UPS extension working OK.
sikhoonak2

Post by sikhoonak2 »

download link was deactive