Duplicating and moving a layout grid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
clegs

Duplicating and moving a layout grid

Post by clegs »

I know a bit about WB and can do some minor things, but had an experienced friend help me implement my ideas on my website, but he is on vacation.

I am releasing another single/recording and need to duplicate one of the existing layout grids (which includes hyper links to streaming services and a Youtube video), then place it at the top of the Music/Video section. I have done this before, but this time I'm having problems.

Here's what I've done:
1. I selected one of the existing video layout grids, then ctrl+c, then ctrl+v. This put a duplicate at the bottom of the master layout page.
2. I selected the copy, then clicked Arrange > Move Up (usually until the copy is in the right place at the top of the Music/Video section). However, this time sometimes the copy moves up, and sometimes it doesn't. The times I did get it to move up, I can only place it outside the Music/Video section.
This is where I'm stuck.

Looking at the Object manager, I see that this video layout grid copy needs to go and be a sub-file of the Music/Video parent area, but I can't figure out how to get it there (inside that parent area). Also, I think the last time I did this, the background area automatically expand under the relocated copy.

Any advise/help you can give me asap would be great. As I mentioned, I've done this before but apparently I'm missing a trick this time. Thanks.
Pablo

Re: Duplicating and moving a layout grid

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
I need a copy of the project file.

But note that you can also drag & drop layout grids to rearrange.

clegs

Post by clegs »

I just emailed the project file to you Pablo.
Also, note that after duplicating one of the video layout grids, I tried to drag and drop from outside the music/video parent grid area into the parent grid area; this did not work. It would allow me to drag it in. Also, the Arrange>Move function would not place it in that area either. You will see how the objects are structured in the object manager when you get the file. Thanks for your help.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you look in the Object Manager then you will notice that the layout grids are nested.
The layout grid with videos are nested within 'Videos'
So, if you insert a new grid then you will insert it at the same level.
clegs

Post by clegs »

Nested layout grids; that's what I meant by "parent and sub-grid/layer; I just didn't know the correct terminology.

Again, in the past I was able to duplicate the Video primary/parent grid and its nested grids, then just change the text name and hyperlinks. That's an easy way to do it instead of recreating it. How do I do that or can you explain why I was able to do it in the past with the procedure I outlined, but can't do it now? I must be missing a step in the process. Thanks so much for you time and help Pablo.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Step 1
Copy / paste the grid

Step 2
In the Object Manager drag the new layout grid to the 'video' grid (below the last child item)
clegs

Post by clegs »

Thanks Pablo. I hacked my way thru it with your clarification and got it all working. Hooray!