Structured Data

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Keith Hughes

Structured Data

Post by Keith Hughes »

Hi I'm trying to add a video to structured data, I'm having a problem with the duration time format. Google is telling me my time duration is in the wrong format, I've looked and there are different formats (my actual video time is 6m 48s I tried 06:48 did not work, should I use 00:06:48 or in fact PT6M48S?
Pablo

Re: Structured Data

Post by Pablo »

Note that this is not specific to WWB.
But maybe this will be helpful?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
Keith Hughes

Post by Keith Hughes »

I have used the term PT6M48S which appears to satisfy Google!!
Keith Hughes

Post by Keith Hughes »

I'm still getting some problems with Google over the structured Data there is a section called "offer" which is missing from the data but there is no option in your software to enter offer? Availability and price valid to are also missing fields in your software which google is also picking up as errors.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can add these yourself see the following
Rich Snippets to your website using Structured Data (schema.org)
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/structured_data.html

Customize Structured Data (for advanced users)
WYSIWYG Web Builder includes definitions for frequently used schemas. It does not include all possible properties because we think that would make the tool too complicated for 'standard' users. However, it is possible to modify the schemas yourself. The definitions are loaded from the file 'richsnippets.json' in the Program Files folder in JSON format. This file cannot be modified in this location because the file is protected by Windows. But you can create a customized version of the file by copying it to the Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system folder. In that case WWB will load the customized file instead of the default version.

Be careful when editing the file, because even the smallest mistake in the code (like a missing comma or quote) may impact the functionality.
Keith Hughes

Post by Keith Hughes »

Yes I know and I use that, but I can't add all the information required. Is there a way of editing the HTML
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

WYSIWYG Web Builder is not an HTML editor. The HTML does not exist until you publish the page. So, you cannot edit the code directly.
However, you can modify the schemas by editing richsnippets.json.
Keith Hughes

Post by Keith Hughes »

Google is saying the following items are missing:
Missing field 'availability', No global identifier provided (e.g. gtin, mpn, isbn), Missing field 'review',
Missing field 'priceValidUntil', Missing field 'url'

Is there anyway of adding this missing fields
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can modify the richsnippet.json yourself to add these. Also see previous replies on this.

Customize Structured Data (for advanced users)
WYSIWYG Web Builder includes definitions for frequently used schemas. It does not include all possible properties because we think that would make the tool too complicated for 'standard' users. However, it is possible to modify the schemas yourself. The definitions are loaded from the file 'richsnippets.json' in the Program Files folder in JSON format. This file cannot be modified in this location because the file is protected by Windows. But you can create a customized version of the file by copying it to the Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system folder. In that case WWB will load the customized file instead of the default version.
Keith Hughes

Post by Keith Hughes »

Hi thank you for your reply but that sounds even more complicated than simply adding them to the basic structured data file!!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Although "Google" is throwing these errors up you can probably ignore them. For talking sake does the product price change frequently or is only valid for a set time? the latter would use the following priceValidUntil": "2021-04-30. Again using Review is there a review section where users rate the product by giving a score from 1 to 5. This is just a couple of examples that you simply may not need to add or use as it is really only "Google" being over sensitive (or being a pain in the a**).
Keith Hughes

Post by Keith Hughes »

This is very helpful by Google Structured Data Markup Helper. You can generate all the required code here and edit it too
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You can generate all the required code here and edit it too
Pablo has provided a basic list of schemas that can be used. Please try to understand that there are hundreds of various types that are available but not all of them will be used or required by all users.
Taken from:
schema.org
Organization of Schemas
The schemas are a set of 'types', each associated with a set of properties. The types are arranged in a hierarchy.
The vocabulary currently consists of 779 Types, 1390 Properties 15 Datatypes, 81 Enumerations and 437 Enumeration members.

This is why it is mentioned if you require extra schema types then you can edit the richsippents.json yourself as it really wouldn't make sense to add them all to the software.