Upload problem with R4L.com

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
paddlefoot

Upload problem with R4L.com

Post by paddlefoot »

Over the past 48 hours I have lost the ability to upload WB16 sites to the servers at R4L.com (Internet Exception Error 12031-the server was reset). R4L swears the problem is on my end, but WB16 works fine with Godaddy so I'm sure the software is OK. Wondered if anyone else uses them as webhost and are experiencing same problem or did have problem and how it was fixed..
BaconFries

Re: Upload problem with R4L.com

Post by BaconFries »

If it has previously worked without issues then what has changed? Perhaps you have ran out of space on the server. It could also be permission related that your Firewall is blocking the upload. Maybe your host requires the use of SFTP rather than FTP. It is also known that host / server providers always try to blame the users software they use but in the end it is server related. See the following from R4L that may help.
https://wiki.r4l.com/R4L/Services/Hosting/Basic/FTP

I have also deactivated you click here link as when I try my AV informs me it a "Phishing" link.
paddlefoot

Post by paddlefoot »

Thanks for the reply. The only thing that changed was 2 windows updates. I couldn't uninstall the updates so I overwrote the disk with a backup from December. Also went into the firewall allowed apps and made sure WYSIWYG16 is allowed. Unfortunately, these steps didn't help, still get the same "server reset, can't connect message."

What do you mean about click here link in my post that you said you removed? I didn't place any links in my post.
paddlefoot

Post by paddlefoot »

I now see the click here ink under my post. I didn't put it there and it is SPAM. Will be running virus check.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Can you connect to the same server with other FTP software (like FileZilla)?
paddlefoot

Post by paddlefoot »

No, Filezilla says "Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So, that confirms that the issue is not related to the software.

Did you check if your host has not changed the host address or other server properties?
For example, maybe they have switched from FTP to SFTP?
paddlefoot

Post by paddlefoot »

They say they haven't made any changes and suggest I upload via the CP, which works but is slow doesn't fix the connection problem.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you try Secure FTP?
paddlefoot

Post by paddlefoot »

Yes, and that didn't complete. I just ran Revo Uninstaller Pro and cleaned out junk files and 2 inactive programs listed as invalid and now the program connects. Don't know what was wrong, but have to assume it was something on my PC. I appreciate your and Bacon Fries interest.