Hide Email from Spambots

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
lpug

Hide Email from Spambots

Post by lpug »

Hi all,
Is there an effective way to hide (mask) your email address that are on your webpage? receiving so much junk its not funny.

Found this link from here http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... hp?t=84934

What about linking a contact us page to go to a form instead would this stop it?

Is there another way? or go with this method.

Thanks
gofrank

Re: Hide Email from Spambots

Post by gofrank »

It's best to use a form, as your email address is never revealed or posted where spambots can harvest it. I would recommend putting the form on your contact us page...it's the simplest solution.
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Or publish the text as image??
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Or publish the text as image??
That might stop bots reading and scrapping the email from the HTML, but it won't stop (human) interaction by noting the address down and manually typing it to spam.

There are ways using javascript to hide the email but the best way is to use a form as it doesn't require the end user to have a email client installed on there PC. Note the email client is whatever email provider the user uses to send the email i.e. Hotmail, gmail etc etc
lpug

Post by lpug »

By removing my contact us email on our web page has significantly reduced the spam I was getting. I exchanged this to a contact us linked to a form page instead. Now I'm receiving around 50 emails per day of our form completed with rubbish, do I now need to add a captcha to reduce further?

Thanks
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi lpug,

Yes, a CAPTCHA will help, it will stop bots, but there is nothing that will stop idiots sitting down and filling in the form. Yes, people waste their corporeal form by doing that.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia