Display single MySQL record

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
trevorm

Display single MySQL record

Post by trevorm »

Hi,

I have a need to search a MySQL DB and display a single record in a form style rather than a table.

i.e. display fields from a MySQL record where the fields of a single record are placed in a form.

Is this possible or this there an extension that enables this?

I am not a programmer so I need a, more or less, ready made a solution like an extension
Pablo

Re: Display single MySQL record

Post by Pablo »

trevorm

Post by trevorm »

Hi Pablo,

MySQL Connector appears to be perfect for my requirements. Thanks.

I'm having an issue when publishing - Blank white page displays with error code 500. I have checked the DB connection details these are correct

I appreciate that error 500 is a very general error code and does not help much.

Not even a breadcrumb menu that is on the page or the Master page objects are displaying.

Please can you answer the following:

Do you need all the fields in the MySQL db added to the MySQL Connector field list or just the ones you need?

Does the MySQL Connector Extension have to dragged to the page after setting up the form objects? Or does it not matter.

Does the MySQL Connector Extension have to be in the same Layout Grid as the Form Objects or just present on the same page?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you have a blank page then this usually indicate a syntax error on the page.

I suggest to enable error reporting on the server to get a more useful error message.

Note that this (free) extension does not come with support.
lummis

Post by lummis »

Do you need all the fields in the MySQL db added to the MySQL Connector field list or just the ones you need?
You can select a single field or as many as you want to display.
Does the MySQL Connector Extension have to dragged to the page after setting up the form objects? Or does it not matter.
It doesn't matter.
Does the MySQL Connector Extension have to be in the same Layout Grid as the Form Objects or just present on the same page?
Just present on the same page - I tend to place it outside the boudaries of the page, either to the right or below.

Brian
trevorm

Post by trevorm »

Thank you for you suggestions