INSTALL searches for files that are not in the .zip and .exe files

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Skyground

INSTALL searches for files that are not in the .zip and .exe files

Post by Skyground »

My computer is 64 bit, so I've downloaded both the 64 and 32 bit zip file, also 15.4 and 14.4 versions, but they are all unable to install because of missing files that relate to the software (not my system files). How can I get a complete program? I'm fairly certain I'll buy (to replace Serif WebPlus X8 -- which is no longer accurate in several browsers since the HTML-change to 5. And Serif has discontinued WebPlus.)

Thanks.

Pat Thompson aka Skyground
Pablo

Re: INSTALL searches for files that are not in the .zip and .exe files

Post by Pablo »

What do you mean by 'missing files'?
All files are included in the setup.

What is the exact error message?
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Pat, the zip file contains "setup64.exe" (for the 64 bit version). That is actually all you need to install WWB. Don't bother with the 32 bit version, you won't need it.

I would suggest you only install 15.4. I can see no reason why you would need an older version. However, if you must install both, install 14.4 first and then 15.4.

If you are new to WWB, then leave as many things as default as possible. In particular, don't go messing around changing folders.

Cheers

Alan
[Also a convert from WP8]
Skyground

Post by Skyground »

Alan,

The zip file contains license.txt, setup64.exe, and whatsnew.txt.

When the 64-bit file wouldn't install, I downloaded the 32-bit version.

When that version wouldn't install, I downloaded the previous, 14.4 version

I've tried to install with the exe-files in C>...Downloads and in C:\Program Files and Program Files (x86), and in "C:\Program Files\WYSIWYG Web Builder 15" folders.

but when I click on "next"

The "INSTALL" begins by searching for the following files that it could not find in my "C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\cms\wwbeditor" folder (WHY would it look in my documents for wwbeditor.css, wwbeditor.js)?

Then, on "SKIP" it looked for files in:

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\cms\wwbeditor\images\bold.png, close.png, copy.png, createlink.png, cut.png, delete.png, forecolor.png, hilitecolor.png, html.png, indent.png, inserthorizontalrule.png, insertimage.png, insertorderedlist.png, insertunorderedlist.png, italic.png, justifycenter.png, justifyfull.png, justifyleft.png, ustifyright.png, outdent.png, paste.png, redo.png, strikethrough.png, subscript.png, superscript.png, underline.png, undo.png, unlink.png, uploadimage.png,

Then in:
C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\dividers\arc.svg, arrow.svg, blob.svg, book.svg, bulb.svg, clouds.svg, curve 1.svg, curve 2.svg, curve 3.svg, doublearc.svg, ellipse.svg, fan asymmetrical.svg, fan.svg, gradient.svg, hills.svg, mountains.svg, paint.svg, piramide.svg, split.svg, sunrise.svg, tangerinewave.svg, teeth.svg, tilt 3d.svg (?or tilt sd.svg?), tilt.svg, triangle 3d.svg, triangle.svg, triangle-asymmetrical.svg, triangle-inverse.svg, valley.svg, water.svg, wave.svg, zigzag.svg

Then, after doing\installing something, it couldn't find C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\comments\comments-delete.php, comments-status.php

Then:
C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\discussion\plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\downloads\plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\FAQ\faq-delete.php, faq-movedown.php, faq-moveup.php, faq-save.php, faq.css, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\FAQ\images\faq_arrows.png

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\filemanager\adminform.php, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\form\field-delete.php, field-movedown.php, field-moveup.php, field-save.php, form-export.php, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\Guestbook\guestbook-delete.php, guestbook.css, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\mailing-list\mailinglist-confirm.php, mailinglist-delete.php, mailinglist-save.php, mailinglist-sendmail.php, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\password\plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\PhotoAlbum\photoalbum.css, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\pluginmanager\admin.php, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\poll\plugin.php, poll-delete.php, poll-movedown.php, poll-moveup.php, poll-save.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\poll\images\poll.gif

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\SlideShow\cms.slideshow.min.js, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\tell-a-friend\plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\plugins\usermanager\admin.php, plugin.php

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\preloaders\aero-spinner.gif, bar-circle.gif, bouncing-dot.gif, box.gif, circle-dots.gif, clock.gif, cube.gif, dash-spinner.gif, dot-spinner.gif, flower.gif, indicator.gif, loading.gif, pk.gif, pulsate.gif, ring-spinner.gif, roller.gif, rolling-dots.gif, rotating-dots.gif, squares-circle.gif, turning-dots.gif, watermill.gif, wheel.gif, windmill.gif

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\templates\WWB Template 01.wtp, WWB Template 02.wtp, WWB Template 03.wtp, WWB Template 04.wtp, WWB Template 05.wtp, WWB Template 06.wtp, WWB Template 07.wtp, WWB Template 08.wtp, WWB Template 09.wtp, WWB Template 10.wtp, WWB Template 11.wtp, WWB Template 12.wtp

C:\Users\PatAT\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\templates\demo\CMS.wtp, Login.wtp, MasterFrame.wtp, Tabs.wtp

At this point the program "finished" installing.

In previous attempts, I'd cancelled. But this afternoon I went all the way through, skipping files that the program couldn't find. And now I've opened the "trial" version.

I don't know if it will work or not, missing so many files. Does anybody know why files couldn't be found, and why it searched in my documents?

Thanks.

Pat aka Skyground
Skyground

Post by Skyground »

Pablo,

The error-message stated that it could not create the WYSIWYG Web Builder 15 folder because it couldn't find files in my Documents folder (as described in my response to Alan). So I created the folder myself (in Program Files) and started that last "install" there. At one point I also created the "missing" folders in Documents, but that did nothing.

I've checked my computer to see if I have a virus or other malware, but negative.

I'm mystified.

I need to make sure the program works as it should, before I buy. I'm tempted to see if it will install on my laptop, tomorrow.

Pat aka Skyground
Skyground

Post by Skyground »

Pablo,

I started my last install -- which was completed -- with "setup64.exe" in the C: \Program Files folder, NOT in the "WYSIWYG Web Builder 15" folder as I stated; I aborted that attempt.

I'm wondering if all of those missing files are somewhere ONLINE in the PROGRAM's Documents folder.

Pat aka Skyground
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think that either your firewall,virusscanner or ransomware protection is blocking the setup.
Please make sure the setup is executed with admin permissions and that nothing is blocking access to the documents folder.
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Skyground, did you unzip the installer before running it? By right clicking the installation zip and choosing Extract?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Pat,

1. You don't need to extract the Setup64.exe program first. I never do.
2. Something is blocking those folders being created. Have you enabled any enhanced Windows security on your Documents folder?

What you should see is a foder called "WYSIWYG Web Builder". In there is a system folder. In that should be something like this:
Directory of D:\Users\alans\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system

07/05/2020 10:24 <DIR> .
07/05/2020 10:24 <DIR> ..
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> blocks
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> clipart
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> cms
07/05/2020 10:24 0 dir.txt
06/05/2020 10:03 <DIR> dividers
11/04/2020 18:45 <DIR> downloads
11/04/2020 18:45 <DIR> extensions
06/01/2020 21:46 309 filetypes.dat
07/02/2020 12:01 <DIR> fonts
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> gallery
07/02/2020 12:01 1,509 googlefonts.dat
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> iconlibraries
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> menubar
31/05/2019 12:49 <DIR> navbar
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> plugins
06/05/2020 10:03 <DIR> preloaders
11/04/2020 18:52 5,511 publish.dat
26/04/2020 13:03 3,848,007 publish.log
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> stencils
01/08/2019 16:31 8,029 tablestyles.dat
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> tabmenu
06/05/2020 10:03 <DIR> templates
12/10/2018 11:27 <DIR> themeroller
Try creating some folders manually. Can you do that?

Alan
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

1. You don't need to extract the Setup64.exe program first. I never do. ...
On Windows 7 it gave an error if I didn't extract the files first.
On Window 10, without extracting files, running the setup file gives a warning that the application may depend on other compressed files in this folder.
This doesn't apply in this case so the setup should work.
In any case, I always do the extract before running the setup.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Ah OK - I wasn't aware it was required on Windows 7. I don't get the warning, but I'm using 7Zip, not Winzip.

cheers

Alan
Skyground

Post by Skyground »

To All:

THANKS for replies!

I've successfully installed the program on my laptop, without any stops or problems. But that screen is too small to use for building a website. So I'll continue working on finding the cause of the PC obstruction.

I use "run as Administrator" for all maintenance and installs.

The only av-program on my PC is the built-in Windows 10 av program, plus the off-computer, online Microsoft Safety Scanner that is deleted after each download. And my laptop has the same built-in Windows 10 program (with the same settings), plus Malwarebytes, without problems.

If nothing else works, I'll copy the laptop "...Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder" files to my PC and reinstall. Because those are the missing files.

Thanks again!

Pat aka Skyground
www.skyground.net -- which really needs help! <LOL>
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Pat,

On your desktop system, assuming you are running windows 10, open Settings, Click on Privacy, scroll down the LH menu to 'File System' and see if there's anything there that might stop the install from working. You could also compare it with your laptop settings.

cheers

Alan
Skyground

Post by Skyground »

Alan,

I was about to send another message:

I temporarily turned off all AV blocks on my PC; and WYSIWYG Web Builder finally DID install.

EXPLANATION?: The last Windows 10 update of my laptop was 2 months ago, enabling the Web Builder to install; but the last Windows 10 update of my PC was just days ago, for "security" additions. Whatever the recent security-update did to my PC probably made the difference.

In the 35 years I've been on a computer, I've never had an experience like this.

If I'm right about the recent security-additions-cause of the install-problem, maybe temporarily "off-ing" the AV-blocks should be mentioned, as an option, in the install-directions. That will save people several days of time and angst <LOL>

Pat aka Skyground
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

It's possible that, because I'd already got an install, the Windows 'upgrades' didn't affect my system.

Alan