must publish at 320 breakpoint to fix mobile panning

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Phidippus

must publish at 320 breakpoint to fix mobile panning

Post by Phidippus »

This has been happening to me a lot and I'm just curious if I'm the only one... What is happening is this:
When I publish when WebBuilder's page view is set to the default (widest) breakpoint, after ftp and viewed online the 320 breakpoint does not hold, that is, I can scroll the screen to the right. I've looked for objects hanging over the breakpoint but that is never the problem. But if I set the page view in Webbuilder to the 320 breakpoint and then publish, the problem goes away online. Problem is... it seems to be random... and I'm not sure I can repeat the problem with a smaller subset of my project, but I'll try. I am first curious to see if I'm the only one who's experienced this. Thanks for any feedback.
Pablo

Re: must publish at 320 breakpoint to fix mobile panning

Post by Pablo »

There are no known issues with breakpoints in the latest update.
Do you have a demo project?
Phidippus

Post by Phidippus »

I'll have to see if I can't reduce a problem page down to the minimum that causes the glitch. I use a Master Page for menu but I've checked it thoroughly and it's very tidy. Also I should compare the source code after publishing (notebook ++) of a page published while set to default breakpoint vs while set to 320 breakpoint. I believe it's the page css that is rendering differently. I use a global css page and individual page css. Thanks.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I think that you have maybe already answered your issue yourself! "Master Page". Have you applied the 320 breakpoint to the "Master Pages" along with all others used?
Phidippus

Post by Phidippus »

BaconFries wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:30 pm I think that you have maybe already answered your issue yourself! "Master Page". Have you applied the 320 breakpoint to the "Master Pages" along with all others used?
Oh yes. That's not the problem. And I've thoroughly checked out all the breakpoints on the page and master page and there are no over-hanging elements. The fact that it clears up when I publish at the 380 breakpoint is what is odd. Like I said... I'll compare files and the ordering of the css created by the different publishing methods to see if there is a difference. And of course, if no one else is responding who has experienced this glitch, then it must be isolated to me.
roygore

Post by roygore »

Sorry it's over a year later, but I have just encountered the same problem.

I have the following breakpoints set for all pages including the master page: (Default) 1280; 1024; 768; 480; 320. I have 2 main menus at the top of each page - one is a standard navigation bar and the other is a hamburger style navigation bar. Only one nav bar or panel menu appears in each breakpoint - i.e.;
  • Default (1280) - Standard nav bar
  • 1024 - Standard nav bar
  • 768 - Hamburger nav bar
  • 480 - Hamburger nav bar
  • 320 - Hamburger nav bar
When I drag my browser window to a narrower size, some of my website pages respond correctly and switch to the smaller Hamburger nav bar, but most do not - they retain the larger Standard navigation bar.

I've checked everything I can think of to resolve the problem but nothing works! I've even systematically removed pages from the website to try and identify the problem but no luck - I have noticed though that some of the pages started to respond correctly and the some that previously responded correctly stopped working!!

Link to the site: https://tringlocalhistorymuseum.org.uk/ ... index.html Drag and narrow the browser window on different pages to see the problem.

Phidippus - did you manage to solve your problem?

Can anyone help please?
Roy
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I do not see anything wrong with the page.
Can you please be more specific where to look?
And why do you have a 320? I doubt that are still devices with such a small viewport.

Also, note that I cannot see what you have done based on the published page.
If you need assistance then please prepare a demo project so I can see all your settings.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

It all works for me. In Vivaldi (a Chrome Clone) and Firefox.

It was confusing with e 768 one showing the hamburger on the right and the smaller ones on the left.

Alan
roygore

Post by roygore »

Thank you both for your replies.

Pablo - When I first started using WWB 18 months ago, I reviewed all the tutorials as a means of learning how to use WWB. I got the breakpoints settings from the tutorial on 'Responsive Web Design'. As I am new to responsive design, I adopted these settings. I would prefer fewer breakpoints as it can be a pain changing designs and hiding elements in different breakpoints - what would you recommend as the minimum breakpoints to use?

Back to my problem: Some of the pages work correctly like the Home(index) page, but most of the pages do not follow the breakpoints as they should. The breakpoints are set in the master page which is used on all pages except the Home page - for the Home page I simply copied and pasted both versions of the navigation bars into position and hid the unwanted one in each breakpoint.

Try different pages in the website as follows:
About - works correctly
Library - does not work correctly
Contact - does not work correctly
Site Search - does not work correctly

Now go to the Footer Navigation Bar:
Privacy - does not work correctly
Credits - does not work correctly
Cookies - does not work correctly

Now, on the Home page, click on any of the circles and test the pages - most (haven't tested them all) do not follow the breakpoints as they should.

Here is a link to download the WWB files and all the associated files to make it work: https://up.labstack.com/ay9BTrur

I know I'm not suppose to send the whole website but, on this occasion, I think it will be useful for you to see the way everything is set up in case there are elements or settings which are conflicting.
I don't want to confuse this problem, but on a separate note, I also have a problem with the 'Redirect' on the Home page - it is set up to detect Internet Explorer (Trident) and redirect to the index-old page which has a different layout for the circles. However, it doesn't work. I have another 'Redirect' on the Library page which works perfectly. I have also used the 'Redirect' on several other websites with the exact same set up and they all work correctly. Maybe this is caused by the same problem causing the breakpoints problem!

I really appreciate and am very grateful for any help you can give on these problems.

Thank you
Roy
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

what would you recommend as the minimum breakpoints to use?
I recommend to use few breakpoint as possible. The key is that you need to add a breakpoints if your layout 'breaks'.
In other words when the layout no longer fits within the viewport.
Usually two breakpoints (for fixed layouts) is enough. For example: 768 and 480
See also:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=63817

I looked at the project but it seems work correct for me.
What is important to note is that when you make changes to the master page that you will need to review all pages that use it.
So, for example if you edit a breakpoint in the master page. Then open all pages and switch to the breakpoint, otherwise the changes may not be applied.

Note:
The next time you share a project, can you please remove everything that is not relevant to your question?
It took me a lot of time to find all the missing extesions.
Basically, I only need a simple demo project with one page, so it's immediately clear for me what you trying to do.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I could see the issues with your web site.

I tried to download and open your project but it failed as it could not download and install the 'page redirect' extension. Where do I find that?

Also, what is the full list of extensions you are using so I can ensure they are all there?

Alan
roygore

Post by roygore »

Thanks Alan,

The Page Redirect is at the bottom of the index page.

List of extensions:
index page - 'Page Redirect' & 'Cookie' located at the bottom
index-old page - 'Cookie' - located at the bottom
library page - 'Page Redirect' - located at the bottom; 'pdf Object'

Also, there is a Hit Counter on both the 'index' page and the 'index-old' page. With the index page open; open the WWB Home tab > HTML > Before </body> to see code.

I think that's all except for the navigation bars which use my own images for the buttons.

I'm completely baffled as to why the index and About pages work correctly but all the others don't!!

Could something be hidden on the pages that I can't see or find?

Again, thank you for your help.
Roy
roygore

Post by roygore »

You can find the 'Page Redirect' on the WWB Extension Manager
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm completely baffled as to why the index and About pages work correctly but all the others don't!!
Did you republish the pages?
Do the pages look correct when you do a local preview?
Do the pages look correct in the workspace?
roygore

Post by roygore »

Pablo

Your suggestion that after making a change to the master page, I have to go to each breakpoint in each page and click on one of the items (text box for example) on the page to get the page to re-sync to the master page seems to be working.

I've done 6 pages so far and they appear to be switching navigation bars correctly. Hurray!

Long way to go now to re-sync all the pages of the website but at least I now know what to do.

As i am checking every page in the website, I'm also making sure the 'Enable Responsive Fonts' box is ticked for all text on each page.

Request: would it be possible to automatically re-sync all pages using the master page after making an change??

Now just need to sort out why the 'Page Redirect' doesn't work.

I really appreciate all your help.
Thank you
Roy
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please see this related topic:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=91785
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

What happens if you do a full publish and not just changed pages?

Alan