Text converted to a link looses formatting

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
drosen001

Text converted to a link looses formatting

Post by drosen001 »

Build 15.0.7, added 2 static text blocks and made each of them a link. Then changed the font size of the 2nd one and while the new font size shows in WB, the updated font size doesn't show in the published browser. Then tried again and changed the font size of the first text box. Looks OK in the designer but it too is now rendered as a default size. When I publish (F5) I can see the correctly sized text brief flash and then get overwritten by the smaller text when the link is shown.

Had another page with similar issues, where one of the text boxes kept loosing the link when published. Couldn't isolate the exact reason, but eventually solved it by creating a new standalone text block with link.

I think this problem is new to 15.0.7 as we've been using WB for many years.

As an FYI, here's the generated source:

Code: Select all

<body>
   <div id="wb_Text1" style="position:absolute;left:26px;top:20px;width:435px;height:57px;z-index:0;">
      <p style="font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;color:#000000;"><a href="https://www.xxx.com">Link test 1</a></p>
      <p style="font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;">&nbsp;</p>
   </div>
   <div id="wb_Text2" style="position:absolute;left:26px;top:91px;width:127px;height:26px;text-align:center;z-index:1;">
      <p style="font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;color:#000000;"><a href="xxx.com">Linke 2</a></p>
   </div>
</body>
Pablo

Re: Text converted to a link looses formatting

Post by Pablo »

Please change the output format in the text properties.
The selected output format (<p>) was designed for responsive text only, so that means only one font size per breakpoint for the object.
If you select the same output format as in previous versions then you should have the same behavior.
drosen001

Post by drosen001 »

Sorry, don't understand. There's no responsive objects in this project and I change the font size by selecting the characters and setting the size from the ribbon. Only happens when the text is converted to a link.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Open the properties of the text object, set the output format to anything but 'use <p>'. Then it will work the same as in previous versions.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318&p=214579#p214579
drosen001

Post by drosen001 »

Thank you, I understand now. Would it make sense to default something other than use <p> if the text object is not inside a responsive container? Or to have the designer better reflect what the browser will display?

Unrelated question. I'm looking to hire someone to layout a new website for us and prefer WB experience. Is there a place on the forum where it's best to post such requests?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The default output format is 'Default', but you can configure this in the page properties for new objects.

You can post requests in the 'off topic' section:
viewforum.php?f=75