* Solved* How can I get a link to scroll my page?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
alan_sh

* Solved* How can I get a link to scroll my page?

Post by alan_sh »

I have a table with some text in it. The text has links to show an external address in an inline frame which is set below the table. That works OK.

What I also need it to do is scroll the page so that the inline frame becomes visible when the link is clicked. I thought that adding a bookmark might do it, but in the link dialog box, that bookmark doesn't appear.

Anyone got any ideas how I can make this work?

Thanks

Alan
Last edited by alan_sh on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
alan_sh

Re: How can I get a link to scroll my page?

Post by alan_sh »

No-one?

Alan
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

alan_sh wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:36 pm No-one?

Alan
I think the question maybe is some confusing...? Try to be more specific, step by step (external and internal links), because there shall be no problems to link at an anchor with scroll...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Bluesman wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:00 pm
alan_sh wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:36 pm No-one?

Alan
I think the question maybe is some confusing...? Try to be more specific, step by step (external and internal links), because there shall be no problems to link at an anchor with scroll...
Let me try and explain. It's eaasiest if you use this small WBS file https://www.dropbox.com/s/zot6qmcl58zgo ... t.wbs?dl=0

I have a table which takes up most of the page. In that table I have some links to an external web site (Marked as A, C and G in the example). When I click on one of those links, the external site opens up in an inline frame which I have created below the table. That works fine.

What I want is for the page to scroll at the same time so that the inline frame becomes visible. I am not sure if scroll transitions is what I am after. I don't want to animate anything - I just want the browser to scroll down under my command.

Does that make sense?

Alan
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

This will require a custom script.

Why not use a light box for it to pop up into instead? The forms you are loading are responsive as is the lightbox so they should show on any screen. This would also alleviate the scrolling up and down a user would need to do as your table gets longer.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

"What I want is for the page to scroll at the same time so that the inline frame becomes visible. I am not sure if scroll transitions is what I am after. I don't want to animate anything - I just want the browser to scroll down under my command.

Does that make sense?"

Maybe the most common scroll function then "With anchors" but now you can set anchor to almost any object in the "Object properties.

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/affix_ ... llspy.html
"Make My Day"

See my Website
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

crispy68 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:01 pm This will require a custom script.

Why not use a light box for it to pop up into instead? The forms you are loading are responsive as is the lightbox so they should show on any screen. This would also alleviate the scrolling up and down a user would need to do as your table gets longer.
That works for me.

Thanks

Alan