Sticky Layer issues

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
martin.mattel

Sticky Layer issues

Post by martin.mattel »

Hello @Pablo,

having issues with Sticky Layers.

Want to achieve the following:
Having a Sticky Layer with a text and a button in it, which is not visible when the page gets rendered. On a to be defined event, this Sticky Layer should get visible, which I would later achieve with JavaScript. Doing things step by step, I stumle already at this stage.

Made following attempt:
From a WB14 Project, now on WB15, adding to a master_frame a sticky layer, adding a text and a button as part of the layer. Object manager shows the hierarchy correctly. Having no style manually assigned to this layer nor to its childs.
Positive: I can publish my site to web and the new sticky layer with its childs is perfect visible.
Issue_1
When assigning a newly created style to the layer (and the childs), the visible formatting of the layer/content cant bee seen in WB anymore. You jsut get a frame. This is bad as you then cant see in WB how it looks. Any style attached makes this not only my defined one. I have to set the style to none to get the full visibility back.
Issue_2
As said above, I created a new style where I set General:Custom Styles: "visibility: hidden;" (without quotes). When applying that style to the layer and its childs and publish the site to web, you cant see the layer but the text and button where on the button the formatting is lost. This is weired.
Issue_3
I honestly thought that because objects are ambedded in the layer, it is/should be enough to set the visibility on the layer only, not neccessary on its childs. But I would like to get clarification on that.

Best Regards
Pablo

Re: Sticky Layer issues

Post by Pablo »

WWB will not interprete your custom styles because it not a browser so it does not know the meaning of the code.
However, most standard attributes like background, border, shadow will be visible in the workspace.
martin.mattel

Post by martin.mattel »

Thanks @Pablo,

ad Issue_1
WWB will not interprete your custom styles ...
I would be happy if WWB would do that. That is the reason I document this.
As I wrote, setting a custom style for a sticky layer and it´s childs, changes the optical representation in WWB.
Mind to give it a try ?

Regarding Issue_2 and Issue_3
Any ideas?
martin.mattel

Post by martin.mattel »

Ad Issue_1
I came one step further. If you have a custom style, it does not add your changes to the settings made, it replaces them !
My fault :oops:

Feature Request 1
Add the style element "visibility" as changeable element.
This would give an element the ability to be present but does not show in the browser exept you change the visibility programatically or by events.
Feature Request 2
Add the ability to change style elements (like a list) which are created in css, as there are more elements in css compared available in the form.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, that will not be possible. WWB does not work with HTML internally.
Implementing browser like functionaluitr would make the software 25x time larger and impossible to maintain for one developer. Even Microsoft cannot built its own browser without faults...

You can change the visibility with the Object Manager and control it via events.