Icon font question(s)

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Mikro

Icon font question(s)

Post by Mikro »

Hi.

Just having a look at V15 (excellent by the way, Pablo :D ).
And trying to work out how to use the new icon fonts. I have downloaded and installed the Fabric set.

But what is the best way to insert one, for example "Androidlogo"? When I click on the Icon font dropdown, it just shows the standard list of icons. So I have been just inserting one of those, then double-clicking on it to get the dropdown where I can then choose Fabric and see them displayed. But this doesn't seem intuitive at all...

And on the subject of having them displayed, I can see them all but if I try to search and type in "android", it looks like there are none found but if I move the mouse over the display area, I can see the silhouettes of matching icons and a popup with their names. If I choose to insert this "blank" android logo, it actually appears just a default square indicating it can't find it.

Has anyone else noticed this?
if it isn't clear I'll try to upload pics or a video.

Cheers,
Mikro.
Wysiwyg Web Builder 16 on Windows 10, Quick 'n' Easy Web Builder 8 on MacOS Big Sur
Pablo

Re: Icon font question(s)

Post by Pablo »

You can select the icon library in the properties of the object.

See the second picture:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/iconfonts.html

Some icons libraries do not use meaningful names for their icons so in that case search will not be useful.
Mikro

Post by Mikro »

OK Pablo. Thank you.

So if I have this right, if I want to insert a Fabric Icon, I need to insert a random Icon Font shape, and then go to the properties of that, and then choose the icon I really want?

Also regarding the searching within the Icon Font properties, it is not working for me properly. I am going to attach a link to a video of what I mean to see if it happens with other people or maybe I have a problem with my own machine...

http://www.mfmisc.co.nf/Iconfont-1.m4v

Hopefully you can view that ok.

Cheers,
Mikro.
Wysiwyg Web Builder 16 on Windows 10, Quick 'n' Easy Web Builder 8 on MacOS Big Sur
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

if I want to insert a Fabric Icon, I need to insert a random Icon Font shape, and then go to the properties of that, and then choose the icon I really want?
Correct, if you insert it via the Ribbon. Because the default icon library for a new object is always 'Material Icons'

If you drag & drop the 'Icon Font' object from the toolbox to the workspace then you can skip that step.

If the font is not correctly rendered in the workspace then this usually a permission related issue.
Make sure the software runs with the same permissions as the one you use to install the library. Direct2d (which is used for workspace rendering) needs access to the font file.
Also make sure you have version 15.0.4.
Mikro

Post by Mikro »

Thanks Pablo.

I've tried reinstalling the Icon Font normally, and also with "run as administrator". This doesn't fix the issue for me. I even tried another Icon Font and had the same issue. You have mentioned Direct2d so maybe I have some other issue with that (more than likely as no-one else is experiencing this!). Thanks for your help, the search facility was a bonus rather than a necessity and I'll manage fine for now without it.

Cheers,
Mikro.