*** SOLVED *** WB15 New Installation Problem

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
rogerl

Re: WB15 New Installation Problem

Post by rogerl »

Just a note to our Win XP friend. Microsoft is still offering a free upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. I've just started up a new system using the 64 bit Win 10 as a new installation waiting till after installation to activate it. Just found my old Win 7 serial and used that and system was activated. Of course you will need to have the system and memory to cope with it all.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

I changed the name of the webbuilder folder in documents, uninstalled WB15 and reloaded it. It created a new webbuilder folder in documents but still failed to load, just a flash on the screen. It did get as far as telling me there was an updated version (15.0.4) though before the screen flash came and then nothing happened (this has always been the case).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I still suspect that a firewall/antivirus or other tool is blocking it.
I cannot think of anything else. In all the years I have been doing this that has been the only reason for the software not running.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

Changed the name of the webbuilder folder in documents, deleted WB15 and re-installed it. WB15 created a new webbuilder folder but still didn't work. It got as far as telling me about the 15.0.4 upgrade and then just flashed something on the screen and died. WB14 works and I loaded a copy of WB12 and this works. Very strange !!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Do you have another computer you can try it on so we can be sure this is not an issue of your computer?

Did you also update your video/graphics drivers? WB15 uses Direc2d so unlike previous versions it uses hardware acceleration. But if your computer has Windows 10 then this should not be an issue.
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Is it possible WB has opened minimized?
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

I tried WB15 on another computer and it worked so the problem is with the configuration on my main computer. However WB15 is the only program that fails. WB12, WB14 and all other programs run OK. I am also at the latest W10 release (1903) and I have run DISM and System File Checker (SFC) and everything is OK. WB15 did run 2 weeks ago when I first loaded it so one of the recent upgrades has possibly caused the problem or maybe there is a corrupted file somewhere. I have also checked my drivers and the Dell Support Assistant says they are up to date. So I am completely at a loss as to what is wrong.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can download 15.0.0 here:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... er1500.zip

Does this still work?

Note that this is not a stable version so it should not be used for editing your website. This is just to see if works.
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

No, it no longer works so something has happened since I originally ran it.

W10 has been updated but I guess other people are using W10 (1903 build 18362.239).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Another thing you can try is to complete remove (or rename) all settings from the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pablo Software Solutions\WYSIWYG Web Builder 15
bobfletcher

Post by bobfletcher »

That did the trick. WB15 up and working now. Many thanks.