*** SOLVED *** Responsive Menu - "Link to" question

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
MGD4me

*** SOLVED *** Responsive Menu - "Link to" question

Post by MGD4me »

I have been using a Mega Menu navigation bar, and I would like to replace this with the Responsive Menu instead. Mainly for the more modern look, and the ability to display icons, over a transparent background.

I have read a number of threads on this forum regarding the lack of 'hover' ability on mobile browsers, and i get that part. Where I am having an issue, is when there is a main item with sub menus, and someone clicks on the main item. With Mega Menu, clicking on the main item has no effect. Clicking on the main item in Responsive Menu results in a link to "somewhere".

In the Responsive Menu, under the General tab, where select the main item, and edit the 'link' options, the 'Link to' options allow 'External Web Address', 'Page in this project', and several others. But there is no way to NOT make a selection, as far as I can see. In the Help file, there is this note:

Tip:
Main items with sub menus should not have a link because then the click/touch will trigger the link instead of opening the sub menu (touch devices do not have 'hover' functionality).

My question, is... How do I NOT have a link? If clicked, I would like to have the sub menus displayed, similar to the way Mega Menu works, if possible.

Thanks
Last edited by MGD4me on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Re: Responsive Menu - "Link to" question

Post by BaconFries »

Where you normally place/insert the url/link simply replace with # or JavaScript:Void(0);
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Personally I just leave it at pages in this project and don't select a page. Is that wrong?

Alan
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

Where you normally place/insert the url/link simply replace with # or JavaScript:Void(0);
Brilliant!! That solved the issue.

I tried both appraoches BF and both answers work (Chrome). I wonder if all browsers accept either one.
BaconFries

Re: *** SOLVED *** Responsive Menu - "Link to" question

Post by BaconFries »

Both methods will work for all "modern" browsers, but for all older and for non Doctype HTML5 pages then using
JavaScript:Void(0); should be used.