Can I Copy and Paste Between Responsive Pages

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
nrgiser

Can I Copy and Paste Between Responsive Pages

Post by nrgiser »

Hi again good people.

When I first built my website about a year ago now I did things back to front I believe, for example I have 4 different page sizes. 320, 800,1920 and 1280.

I used the same image like my logo one time in each break point, so I had 4 of the same image in one web page, as each image needed its own size and position depending on what was used to load up the web page. So that it all came together.

I have since realised that I did not need to do that, and that I can use the same image and adjust the size positioning in every different break point. And therefor cut down from 4 images sitting in a web page (1 Showing and 3 Hidden) to just one image for all 4 break points. This obviously cuts down on loading time.

So I have now changed all the images and text on my index page so that only one image or text box is on that particular page no matter what size screen is used.

I went then on to my next page, and this is where I came in to a problem. I wanted to copy the work on the left hand side of the page and paste it on the next page. But if I do this say for example I copied the left hand side of the screen from my index page at screen size 1280, then went to my next page and pasted it in place on the same page size 1280 it does it does paste OK, but if I then look at a different break point or page size like 320 it has pasted it in the exact same place as the 1280 page and not in line with the 320 index page.

If I hide what I have just pasted in the 1280 page size and then go and copy the left hand side of the screen at 320 in my index page and paste it in the same place on my next page all the file names have disappeared and it states image1, image2 instead of the name I have I gave it on the index page, like firm-logo, dive-logo etc.

This will mean I will have to rename 30 files in each break point. As I have 4 that will mean I will need to change the name of 120 files in total, or their about.

So is there a way that I can copy and paste all the images and text boxes from one page no matter what break point or page size hats from and paste it in the next page in my project and it fits correctly on each different break point and the names do not change.?

Sorry for the long winded explanation but I wanted to make sure that I explained what i wanted to do is as much detail as possible.

Thank you for your time in reading all this,

Best Regards,

Matt.
Pablo

Re: Can I Copy and Paste Between Responsive Pages

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, you cannot copy/paste breakpoint data from one page to another. Because the breakpoint data is only valid within the context of the current page.
On another page the IDs may be different or the page may have a completely different structure. Copying the breakpoint data from another page could corrupt the layout.
nrgiser

Post by nrgiser »

Thank you Pablo for the confirmation.

Best Regards,

Matt.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Depending on how many objects you are copying, you could simply clone the page and then delete the content you don't want. This will keep the bp's the same.
nrgiser

Post by nrgiser »

Hi Crispy68,

Thank you for your suggestion, much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Matt.