'Missing images' after shared editing

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
adrian5750

'Missing images' after shared editing

Post by adrian5750 »

HI Folks

Follow-up from my question a couple of weeks ago - about 'whitespace' in a published site.

That's all sorted now - thanks.

My client usually runs the site - but in order for me to sort it for her, she sent me the .wbs file (but not the site images).

I made the necessary edits, published the site, and emailed her the updated .wbs file

She now has the problem that every image in WB editor says 'Missing image' - even though the site publishes OK..

There's a magik setting somewhere - where, please ?

Thanks
Adrian
Pablo

Re: 'Missing images' after shared editing

Post by Pablo »

The project must be copied including the project folder.
If the images are in a different location then you can use the Asset Manager to update the paths.
adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 »

Hi Pablo
Thanks for the fast reply.

She's sent me the wbs file (but not the images), which I've now returned to her.

She reckons that she's put the wbs file (that I've edited) back in the same folder it came from.

Looking at my copy of the wbs file - in Asset Manager, all of the image filenames are of the form

C:\Users\adrian\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\mast-whats-on-problem-0103019\Adrian011017\ <filename>

So - she'd need to go into WB14, Asset Manager, and group-select all of the image files (of which there are hundreds), and click 'Update' to point to the correct folder? Is that correct?

Thanks
Adrian
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So - she'd need to go into WB14, Asset Manager, and group-select all of the image files (of which there are hundreds), and click 'Update' to point to the correct folder? Is that correct?
Yes, that should work.
adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 »

Hi Pablo
Excellent - thanks!
Fingers crossed then - I hate this 'working at a distance' when you can't see which buttons the client's clicking!

Will report back
Adrian
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Fingers crossed then - I hate this 'working at a distance' when you can't see which buttons the client's clicking!
In instances like this how about using 'Team viewer' could save you both a lot of time instead of passing the project back and forth by email.
adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 »

HI Bacon

Yes - I've used TeamViewer (usually when I'm out & about on my laptop in order to access my main PC back in the office.

This particular instance was a bit more involved, in that there were some 'stray' empty images that had found their way into some of the pages of the project, and it would have been a pain to sort them all via TeamViewer, and wouls also have needed the client to leave their PC on while I was doing it (for 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon).

To be honest, I've been trying to reduce / eliminate my web design work for other people... but, sometimes, clients like this one are in need of assistance and so I get called on to help.

I'm not sure just why the link to the images got itself furgled.... but I've just spent 30 minutes typing a click-by-click email that should explain how to reset the image paths - and, hopefully, that'll sort it.

I'm always nervous about logging into other people's pc's......

Thanks for the suggestion
Adrian