Problems after upgrading to latest version

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Manchester_man

Problems after upgrading to latest version

Post by Manchester_man »

Hi,
I have used WWB for 5 years without issue. It is a few months since I have done any updates to the website so yesterday I opened up WWB, updated to the latest version and did a re-publish. Nothing has been changed at all.

Since then, anything that uses JavaScript (think it's this) no longer works. I only had a few icons which had events to make the icons/images appear on scroll - no longer visible.

I had a self made menu which is used in 320 and 480 breakpoints (a hidden layer - full screen docking) and a hamburger icon with an event 'show with effect' the layer when clicked - no longer works.

Finally, I had a link to an appointment scheduling page, which opened in a pop up - no longer works.

The common denominator I believe is that all the above uses (I think) JavaScript.

I had to spend 6 hours last night trying desperately to fix this before this morning. I tried everything I could think of
- RWD visibility I tried changing, after reading the FAQ - no difference
- i tried changing the HTML options under tools (JavaScript external file etc) one by one before changing them back - didn't solve it
- I deleted any custom html code - didn't solve

This is something that has happened since upgrading to the latest version of the software.

The site doesn't look half as good as it did with the nice effects, so I'm committed to finding out what is causing this.

Can Pablo or anyone please try to help me solve this? Id be most grateful. It is a total mystery.

Thanks for any help.
Manchester_man

Re: Problems after upgrading to latest version

Post by Manchester_man »

Ps, these things DO work in preview mode, just not when published.
Thanks
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

To be able to help it is asked that you provide as much information as possible and that uou provide a url so that we can view. You can also provide a copy of your project please read the following before doing so.
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
Ps, these things DO work in preview mode, just not when published.
Thanks
Then please ensure that all files have been published to there correct folders/location on your server.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you publish all files?
Did you use the same HTML/JavaScript setting as in the previous version?
What is the URL of the page?
Where exactly on the page do I need to look to see the problem?
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

Did you publish all files? - yes
Did you use the same HTML/JavaScript setting as in the previous version? - yes - unchanged (I usually leave these settings well alone)
What is the URL of the page? I've cloned the page and published to here: http://www.taxwiseaccounting.org/test_page.php
Where exactly on the page do I need to look to see the problem? ...

At the 320 & 480 breakpoints, the mobile hamburger button used to bring up a full page menu (FullScreenLayer1). Now, it fails. I haven't changed the building bricks for this - FullScreenLayer1 is hidden by default and the hamburger icon has an event "onclick showwitheffect FullScreenLayer1"

The other failure (I believe same problem) is the fontawesome icons - they have an event "onscrollreveal animate - transform-bounch-in-up - now, they do not show up at all.

Thanks for your help with this, I really appreciate it.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The file 'wwb14.min.js" is not on the server.
Please make sure that you publish all files.
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

Well thank you so much, I have no idea how I've not published that file, as I published the entire page - should I have re-published the whole site?

I'll do that and report back.

You are a genius. I suffer with mild autism and had a complete meltdown over this. I knew it would be a stupid error like that.

Thanks again.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

should I have re-published the whole site?
Yes.

An upgrade usually includes new/updated files, so in that case you will need to do a full publish to make sure all files on the server are up-to-date.
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

Hi Pablo,

I have removed all files from server and have re-published the entire website. It is still the same.

Why is WWB not generating this wwb14.min.js file? How do I get it to generate it, if that is the issue?

I thought that by 'publishing entire site' this meant I was publishing ALL files?

Thanks again
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

I understand that WWB should generate the 'wwb14.min.js' file where the site/page contains events. It always generated this file before, just not since updating.
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

Sorry for another post - I have just checked under 'Help > About' and it says version 14.1.1 Aug 2018. Is this perhaps why?
I thought I had installed the 1st March version.
Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please make sure that you have the most recent update installed.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

Ok, I've updated to the 1st March edition and re-published the entire website. Still there is no wwb14.min.js file.

It just doesn't appear to be generating the file.

Thanks
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

Ah, no, there IS now a wwb14.min.js file in the page source, but the problem is still there !
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you re-publish all files?
Does it work locally?
Manchester_man

Post by Manchester_man »

*SOLVED*

Thank-you Pablo

I have no idea what the issue was but it was indeed related to the wwb14.min.js file not being on the server.

Here's how I solved it:

Years ago I used to publish direct from WWB to the server using the built in FTP. Around 2 years ago, this stopped working suddenly for reasons I can't remember (something to do with a change whereby the server would only allow 'secure' FTP - I forget). From that point onwards, I had to use Filezilla, publishing from WWB to 'My Documents' then copying the published files to the server via Filezilla. This worked fine for 2 years.

Now, it does not work fine (obviously) any longer (Filezilla)... I publish from WWB locally and upen the folder in Filezilla - I sort by last modified and re-publish the recently modified files generated by WWB (entire site).

My troubleshooting (with great help from Pablo) led me to one final avenue, where I decided to try once again (after 2 years) publishing direct from WWB using the built in FTP.

THIS worked, and the wwb14.min.js WAS uploaded by WWB. The javascript now works as before.

I am blaming Filezilla for this. I did nothing different to how I have always published using Filezilla and it is not publishing that vital file for some reason.

Anyway, solved. This was NOT a WWB error (it rarely is).

Thanks again Pablo
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for clearing that up!