Page height question

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
pacstar

Page height question

Post by pacstar »

Can a page height be set to auto?

I'm using a gradient color background and it would be much easier if there was a way to set the page height to auto adjust based on the content in the particular page.

Thanks
Pablo

Re: Page height question

Post by Pablo »

The size of the published page is always 'auto'.
The size in the page properties defines the workspace size.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Does it only auto size up? Because it doesn't appear to size back down.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What do you mean by 'size back down'?
Do you mean the published page?
What is the exact problem?
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

OK, I see exactly what you're saying. I think we are talking about 2 different things. I'm referring to the background, not the actual page size.

Here are 2 pages I treated the same way. They both were much taller during design, but ended up with a final design that was shorter.

Look at the first break point step down. (600px)

https://www.pacificcoastindian.com/spri ... xhaust.htm

https://www.pacificcoastindian.com/chie ... xhaust.htm

On the first page I manually changed the heights before publishing, on the second I left it alone. on the second page the 970px and 320px look good, but it looks like the 600px did not adjust the gradient height.

The actual height of the page does adjust, but it is not handling the gradient background coloring the same.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I cannot see your settings based on the published HTML code (which make it very difficult and time consuming for me to see what you have done).
But based on the code it looks like you have published the gradient background as image.
In that case the image will have the same size as the background because is no other way to determine the size.

If Tools->Options->HTML you can enable 'Use CSS3 gradients' to published the gradient as CSS (if possible).
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

Pablo wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:02 pm I cannot see your settings based on the published HTML code (which make it very difficult and time consuming for me to see what you have done).
But based on the code it looks like you have published the gradient background as image.
In that case the image will have the same size as the background because is no other way to determine the size.

If Tools->Options->HTML you can enable 'Use CSS3 gradients' to published the gradient as CSS (if possible).
It's already enabled. Nevermind, I'll figure it out.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Yes it maybe enabled, but from looking at the source code (css file) you yourself have added your own 'Gradient' image.. correct?. If you wish the same effect two tone gradient then please do the following...
1. Page Properties->Style->Mode:Gradient
2. Color: Select the two Grey/Grays you wish to use from the color pickes
3. Style: Select either Horizontal or Vertical
4. Ensure you have selected Tools->Options->HTML 'Use CSS3 gradients instead of images' to published the gradient as CSS. What this is implying is if this is not ticked/checked then when you Select to use a 'Gradient' then WWB (the program) will save it as a image and not as CSS it doesn't mean you can add your own image and it will be converted to CSS.
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

BaconFries wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:42 pm
Yes it maybe enabled, but from looking at the source code (css file) you yourself have added your own 'Gradient' image.. correct?. If you wish the same effect two tone gradient then please do the following...
1. Page Properties->Style->Mode:Gradient
2. Color: Select the two Grey/Grays you wish to use from the color pickes
3. Style: Select either Horizontal or Vertical
4. Ensure you have selected Tools->Options->HTML 'Use CSS3 gradients instead of images' to published the gradient as CSS. What this is implying is if this is not ticked/checked then when you Select to use a 'Gradient' then WWB (the program) will save it as a image and not as CSS it doesn't mean you can add your own image and it will be converted to CSS.
Thanks BaconFries,

I don't have a gradient image (that I am aware of). I have done exactly what you said above.

Does it have to do with a jQuery UI issue? That's the only other place I see a background option. When I first got WWB I tinkered with it a bit.

It's not a big issue, I was just letting Pablo know what I was seeing.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This is one of the images I see you have used as a background
springfield-exhaust_bkgrnd.png the other is named chieftain... it looks like you have used a differently named background for each page note there is no need for this if they are all going to be the same colored gradient...
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

BaconFries wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:11 pm This is one of the images I see you have used as a background
springfield-exhaust_bkgrnd.png the other is named chieftain... it looks like you have used a differently named background for each page note there is no need for this if they are all going to be the same colored gradient...
I haven't created those images. WWB created those "images".
I don't know how those files were created.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Ahhh... Ok I see what is happening the images are getting prefixed with page name that explains it... And to answer what you previously asked no I don't think this issue has anything to with you tinkering with jquery...

Now if possible can you please just share one page of your project that has the issue this would allow use to view the settings you have used to make the background gradient
pacstar

Post by pacstar »

BaconFries wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:35 pm Ahhh... Ok I see what is happening the images are getting prefixed with page name that explains it... And to answer what you previously asked no I don't think this issue has anything to with you tinkering with jquery...
What's odd is that it seems to adjust properly for the 970 and 320 breakpoint. It's just the 600 breakpoint as near as I can see. That's why I thought it was a page height issue.