Site Search and Master Frame

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
TomB

Site Search and Master Frame

Post by TomB »

Is there a way to get the Site Search object to work with Master Frames? Search works fine on page if I remove it from using the Master Frame, so I'm assuming is has something to do with the content place holder. I couldn't find any information about this on the forum so just wondering if there is a work around or other suggestion to get site search working with Master Frames. Currently the site search object is in the header section of the master frame.

Header (with nav and site search object)
Content Place Holder
Footer

All works fine except the search.

Thanks,
Pablo

Re: Site Search and Master Frame

Post by Pablo »

I am not aware of any issues with site search and master frames, what exactly did you do?

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
TomB

Post by TomB »

Here is a link to a simple demonstration site file that replicates the issue I'm having on the site I'm currently developing.

In the Search Object Properties on master.html:

1. Show results in a new browser. This works, although it always opens in a new browser tab (chrome) the _target properties don't seem to have any effect.

2. Show results in jQuery Dialog. This works, however, not what I need.

3. Show results in an Inline Frame. Can't get this to work. On the master.html (master-frame page) set the Results: to "Show results on another page" (select the "search" page). On the search.html page in the Site Search Object > Results: select "Show results in an Inline Frame" > select "searchInlineFrame1 in the drop. Doesn't Populate the Inline Frame.

4. Same result with trying to use "Show results in another object" > searchLayoutGrid2. Even tried using a text object .. no joy.

Seems to be calling the search.html page but not passing the query word "?q=word"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ftsJ6F ... sp=sharing

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, you cannot have two site search objects on the same page with different settings. This will most certainly cause a conflicts.
Therefor, I do not think in this layout the search result page should use the same master page.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Ok. That clears it up .. I'll proceed to plan B.

Thank you.