Bookmarks

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
GOF635

Bookmarks

Post by GOF635 »

Is there a way to link From Page n to a Bookmark in Page n+1 so that only the target Bookmark text shows? There are several Bookmarks on the Page n+1 and all of the display regardless of what type of Target Window of Frame is identified. I want to link to and display the target bookmarked text only.
Pablo

Re: Bookmarks

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, it is unclear what you are trying to do. Can you please be more specific?
GOF635

Post by GOF635 »

I have a page (Page n where n=2) that has an icon on it. In the icon properties I have a link to Page 21 plus a Bookmark 8 to a text object on Page 21. On Page 21 there are 15 text objects. The objective is to link to Page 21, when the icon on Page 2 is clicked, and display the text item on Bookmark 8 in a popup window or a new window.
The result I get is all 15 text items get displayed. I want only text item 8/Bookmark 8.
I read in the WYSIWG Web Builder 14 User Manual (on Page 264) that "Text and images can be set as bookmarks (also called "anchors") that can be linked to within a page."
If I read this literally, the link should only be between the icon and the text if both were on Page 2. Am I pushing the limitations of the "same page"? I tried moving the Bookmark 8 and text to the same Page (Page 2), but I get the same result: all 15 text items are displayed.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

A HTML bookmark (anchor) is just a pointer to a section on the page.
The browser will always display the complete page, bookmarks cannot be used to filter page content.