images for parallax layers

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
tjp28blue

images for parallax layers

Post by tjp28blue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Hello,

I am having difficulty with images to use in a parallax layer. I have tried all sizes of image down to 109kb, they seem ok on preview but when published they enlarge considerably so that in some cases it is difficult to tell what the image is supposed to be. Is there a recommended size of image so that all of it can be seen as you move over it, or am I doing something wrong. Thank you for your help.
Regards
TJP

zinc

Re: images for parallax layers

Post by zinc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:59 pm

That's the whole point of Parallax. Not to see the whole image at once. The idea is as you scroll, you will see the whole image. This is how parallax effect is designed to work.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm

The size of the image depends on the aspect ratio of the container you are using it in.

tjp28blue

Post by tjp28blue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate that the image unfolds as one scrolls over it, but the image I preview is not the image that I see on the website - it is much larger and even with a page with a good amount of content I can neither see the bottom or top portions of the image.

Pablo could you please explain your answer in a little more detail because I think this may be my problem area. I usually use a width just short of the page width (800 - 900) and a depth of perhaps two inches. Is this about right.

Thank you

TJP

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:55 pm

It is important that the used image has the correct aspect ratio so it is large enough to cover the area you are displaying it in.
When using the parallax effect, the full image will never be displayed. There should always be some margin for scrolling.

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm

If you are using an image as the background of a layer set to parallax, I suggest that you use an image that is as wide and tall as your default layout. My typical default is set to 1920px. Monitors of this size are usually 1920 x 1080 so I would make sure the image is this big for best clarity. You can go smaller but keep in mind your image will be scaled larger to fit bigger screens.

Why? because when using the parallax feature the image is set to cover the entire background. If you use a smaller image, the image will be scaled to fit the screen. This will cause your image to pixelate as it gets bigger. If the aspect ratio of your image is off, then it is possible the top/bottom could be cut off and not seen.