vertical orientaion of a slider

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
IanRob

vertical orientaion of a slider

Post by IanRob » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi

I have a slider, where the type property of the standard editbox is set to 'range

It is in a div layer

How do I ensure the button and track have a vertical orientation (ie running from bottom to top) in all the browers that support input range?

Pablo

Re: vertical orientaion of a slider

Post by Pablo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 pm

I do not think this is currently possible with HTML.
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type_range.asp

Also note tat each browser implement the range in a different way.

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 pm

i'm not sure if i got your question, did you mean something like this? http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 53&t=79032 (controls at the bottom of the page)

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:47 am

Hi RV

Thank you for your response.

I simply need a slider input type="range", which will work vertically (similar to the left hand slider on a web page that is too long to fit the screen), which works across all browsers. I find it bizarre that this is not a standard feature of all browsers.

The WB14 version of jQuery slider, in principle does that job. My reluctance to use that is because the Javascript file that is being developed for me, exclusively “talks” to the html (quiz) screen by using the “value” of all the html5 elements. It also uses a standard “set attributes” to alter attributes where necessary. I would also like to keep the final files as simple and concise as possible. However, if I cannot find a simple, concise, solution to making a good looking, vertical slider with input type= “range”, then I will use the JQuery option.

I have not even thought of using an extension. I have looked at your link. However, because I am a novice, I am still not clear if your extension solves my problem. If it does, then I am certainly interested.

Thanks

Ian

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 am

As far as I know here is no standard solution for this in HTML.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 am

@IanRob, If you have any questions regarding [rz] and not rv extension then please contact him through the links in his signatures where he will answer. Like Pablo's answer a vertical range slider isn't standard HTML and may be possible to use webkit css to rotate it 90 degress but each browser will render it differently or not. A alternative is to ask the writer of your custom javascript if it is possible and can he implement it for you.