Overlay Menu and Embedded Page

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
davidpratthk

Overlay Menu and Embedded Page

Post by davidpratthk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:49 pm

WWB 14.1.1
I have built Brian Holders - Hidden Header with Book Mark Events in WYSIWYG Web and it works well with Responsive Menu

However I have moved on to Overlay Menu and put the whole thing up on an embedded page.
Works nicely on the master page but not in preview or on the server. The bookmark is NOT on the master page but on the target.
Yes I can hover over and it changes colour but clicking on it of touching it does not make it perform. It in fact does a little "shimmy" and the page scroll bars disappear.This happens on the main header menu and also the drop down menu bar after scrolling.

I have also worked it so the Main header with menu is on an embedded page and the drop down after scrolling, not. still fails the same way. Is it a problem with embedded page because was a big fan of master objects before.

The main page is made up of layout grids working fine below the header. FYI Flex grid just is SO much hassle, for an old schooler like me. Maybe it'll get more friendly as it matures.

Ideas?

Pablo

Re: Overlay Menu and Embedded Page

Post by Pablo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:54 pm

The overlay menu cannot be part of an embedded page. It must be a directly child element of the otherwise it cannot 'break out' of the embedded page.
FYI Flex grid just is SO much hassle, for an old schooler like me. Maybe it'll get more friendly as it matures.
Note that this is a standard HTML feature, I have no control over how it works.

petertj

Post by petertj » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:40 pm

FLEX GRID - Couldn't agree with you more Pablo. Everything else in 14.1 seems to work brilliantly but Flex Grid layout has the capacity to consume time like a vampire drawing blood. I have spent days and days attempting to create a form that works with this object and all I end up with is a dead body posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=82500#

And I can't help thinking that I'm an older schoolerer than you.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Note that flexgrid (css grid) is a standard HTML feature. This is just how it works. I did not invent it.
The reason why I have added it to to WWB is because I thought some users may find it useful.

petertj

Post by petertj » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Flexgrid could and can work very well.

The only problem is the naming of the alignment controls in accordance with W3C I suppose? People are able to fly complex machinery like aircraft because the controls are named ergonomically and therefore there is no delay or confusion when reading the Altimeter or the Oil Pressure. Yes, I am a qualified Pilot

You have no idea as to how much I enjoy using WYSIWYG.

kind regards

Peter