switch off script at top of page to validate layer

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
IanRob

switch off script at top of page to validate layer

Post by IanRob » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi

I have a Layer with an id of Layer1

This seems to have automatically created a script at the top of the page called ValidateLayer1

I cannot see the close bracket on the function, and would like to remove the script code as it seems to be giving problems. How does the code get there? and can I switch it off?

Thanks

Pablo

Re: switch off script at top of page to validate layer

Post by Pablo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

This is most likely added by form elements (like editbox, textaera) with validation enabled.
To remove the code, disable validation for all elements on the layer.

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:59 pm

thanks Pablo

dogman

Post by dogman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:42 am

How exactly do I disable validation ?

I have unchecked and removed any error messages from each form element and set Mode to DEFAULT, data type to NO CONSTRAINTS, there is no error message in the error message text area and no limitation on min or max length of the form element and I did this for every element but I still have JQuery functions taking up space in the HTML output when I publish the project.

I even placed the form elements outside of a form and onto a LAYER so there is only the form elements, no actual form as I am using JQuery and AJAX to handle to posting of the form.

What else do I need to do ?

Is there a way to DISABLE validation through my entire project or in the programs options ?

I am using WB14 by the way.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:32 am

There is no global setting to disable all validation.
But if the validation code is still generated then you probably overlooked a setting somewhere.

The only way I can help you with this is if you share the project file.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134

dogman

Post by dogman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks Pablo :)

I actually found that I had a single "0" in the minimum size for a few fields in the validate tab even though all other items were cleared and this was causing the code to be added to the page.

Can I make a suggestion for a future version, perhaps to remove the need to go through large projects and clear out potentially hundreds of individual form fields validation attributes when changing from auto to manual validation, perhaps a project wide setting to TURN OFF all validation scripting would work. I know from experience I would have found this useful many times especially when turning off validation in order to debug my own code so it was not interfering with my efforts.

Another function I would find VERY handy would be a spell check of text in the project like places where text is in a text object on a page as well as checking of spelling in comments and tool tips and the like. I find with all the code mixed in its very hard to spell check the project as it picks up all the variable, class and object names as incorrect spellings.