Can't get menu to front

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
treasure

Can't get menu to front

Post by treasure » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 am

Hi
I am developing a website and can't get the mega menu dropdown to appear in front of what is below it. I have also tried other menus with drop downs and I have the same problem. It doesn't matter what is below it, text, image, the menu drop down occurs behind.

Not had the problem before - must be a basic setting somewhere but I have run out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

WWBman

Re: Can't get menu to front

Post by WWBman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:51 am

Not sure if this is the problem but you could try moving the covering object to the back using right-click > Move to Back.
Or move the menu to the front.

treasure

Post by treasure » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:31 am

I have a Move Bottom, Top, Down and Up but no Move Front or Move Back when right click.

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:39 am

When I right-click the menu I see the following.
Don't you see this?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:42 am

If you use layout grids then there is no z-index (layers). The rendering order is the order of the objects are on the the page.
To make sure dropdown menus are over other content you will need to make them part of a page header and set the stack level to 'in front of content'.

treasure

Post by treasure » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:02 pm

I don't get that menu when I right click. I just have Move Bottom, Move Top, Moe Down and Move Up but no Move Front or Move Back.

I am using a Header and the menu is part of that - how do I set the stack level to 'in front of content'?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 pm

I don't get that menu when I right click. I just have Move Bottom, Move Top, Moe Down and Move Up but no Move Front or Move Back.
You will get this when the menu is inside a layout grid or other floating container.
I am using a Header and the menu is part of that - how do I set the stack level to 'in front of content'?
You will find it in the properties of the page header object.