Why aren't mobile phone numbers popping up Phone?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
etcbbu

Why aren't mobile phone numbers popping up Phone?

Post by etcbbu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Hello, I was working on a website yesterday, and I swear that while I was building and testing in its temporary sandbox location, when I looked at it on a smartphone on its 320-Mobile Breakthrough view, tried tapping the phone number in the header and footer of the website, it was successfully automatically popping up my Phone App, pre-loading the phone number I have on the page into the phone, to call the phone number. But now, at its permanent location:

https://www.barmsupplies.com

When I look at it on a smartphone, I cannot seem to get it to pop up my Phone App and pre-load the phone number when I try tapping it, like it was successfully doing, when I was developing it in its sandbox yesterday.

You think you could take a look and see if I've configured something wrong..? Is it in a bad z-order..? Is it that the black shade phone number I've placed "behind" the main phone number textbox be causing something weird, with it..? Something else..? Other sites that I also develop in WB where I do this seem to do it just fine.
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

BaconFries

Re: Why aren't mobile phone numbers popping up Phone?

Post by BaconFries » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Tested and not working for me either. This is due to you not defining the number correctly as a telephone number (link). To fix highlight the number in question go to Link->Link->Link to: Select as Phone Number then in To: add the number to be used so that it looks like tel:9877654322 but your number instead. Don't know how did this on other sites but this is how it should be, I would also suggest using a dash between the numbers instead of a full stop. ex 555-456-6570