*SOLVED* What Structured Data and schema.org mean for WB'ers

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
etcbbu

*SOLVED* What Structured Data and schema.org mean for WB'ers

Post by etcbbu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:26 pm

I am reading and researching at

https://schema.org/docs/gs.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/structured_data.html

And just trying to see what Structure Data/schema.org means for someone like me, a WB-user, and I have questions:

1) When we're talking about defining content on pages--we're just talking about defining images, text, and videos, correct? Or, does it also mean defining things like what we call "Layers" (the object), in WB, or defining buttons that are on pages that may not exactly be a .JPG/.PNG./.GIF/.SVG file, or just, whatever other WB-object we available to us in our WB-workspace?

2) Or, is it that we're talking about marking up what an entire PAGE is. Like for instances, if my website was "Tom's Pet Grooming", do I just sit there and somehow modify the homepage index.php file, and specifically that it is, for example a "Thing >> Place >> LocalBusiness"? Or do I just put one of those "Structured Data" objects within our WB-workspace and fill out those fields on it, like, "Organization" and all of the fields that come with that. Or is it literally object-by-object level that one defines every WB-object on a page?

3) I'm seeing that, here within WB, I know we have the "Structured Data" Object in our work-space. So, does that mean that in place of every text-box object we may have on a WB-created site that references the various parameters offered within these choices we have in our Structured Data object--"Event", "Music Album", "Music Playlist", "New Article", "Organization", "Person", "Product", "Recipe", "Restaurant", "Review", "Software Application", "Video Object", one should delete out that text-box object, and input this "Structured Data" object, fill out all of the fields for it, and put it in the page? Or, is what we're talking about that you literally right-click on every image object or every text-object and click the option that says, "Object HTML", and then put some of these things like, for example, pulled from the website:

Code: Select all

<div itemscope itemtype ="http://schema.org/Movie">
  <h1 itemprop="name">Avatar</h1>
  <span>Director: <span itemprop="director">James Cameron</span> (born August 16, 1954)</span>
  <span itemprop="genre">Science fiction</span>
  <a href="../movies/avatar-theatrical-trailer.html" itemprop="trailer">Trailer</a>
</div>
In that "Inside Tag" tab? Is that how one applies this Structured Data to objects in a WB project?

What I'm trying to figure out is if sitting there and defining every single WB-object on a website built in WB--that is modifying every object within a project--is something that will juice-up a site's overall SEO ranking? Or, is it worth it just to have at least one marked-up object on every page of a project, just so that Google sees that Structured Data/schema.org is being used, and that, in and of itself, juices-up the SEO ranking.

Just trying to understand and wrapped my head around this and understand what it means for someone like myself who knows and loves WB.
Last edited by etcbbu on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

etcbbu

Re: What Structured Data and schema.org mean for WB'ers

Post by etcbbu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Sorry, I'l summarize my 3 questions better:

1) When this we're talking about schema.org and Structured Data stuff, does it mean you can apply this to WB objects like Layers, Shapes, YouTube Video objects?

2) Is all of this schema.org and Structured Data stuff an entire page-level thing, or is it all pieces-of-content-level?

3) I'm seeing that, here within WB, I know we have the "Structured Data" Object in our work-space. So, does that mean that in place of every text-box object we may have on a WB-created site that references the various parameters offered within these choices we have in our Structured Data object--"Event", "Music Album", "Music Playlist", "New Article", "Organization", "Person", "Product", "Recipe", "Restaurant", "Review", "Software Application", "Video Object", one should delete out that text-box object, and input this "Structured Data" object, fill out all of the fields for it, and put it in the page? Or, is what we're talking about that you literally right-click on every image object or every text-object and click the option that says, "Object HTML", and then put some of these things like, for example, pulled from the website:

Code: Select all

<div itemscope itemtype ="http://schema.org/Movie">
  <h1 itemprop="name">Avatar</h1>
  <span>Director: <span itemprop="director">James Cameron</span> (born August 16, 1954)</span>
  <span itemprop="genre">Science fiction</span>
  <a href="../movies/avatar-theatrical-trailer.html" itemprop="trailer">Trailer</a>
</div>
In that "Inside Tag" tab? Is that how one applies this Structured Data to objects in a WB project?

--etcbbu
www.ktravisj.com

Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:11 pm

When this we're talking about schema.org and Structured Data stuff, does it mean you can apply this to WB objects like Layers, Shapes, YouTube Video objects?
It has nothing to do with WB objects.
The structure data object adds JSON data to the page. It does not have a direct 'connection' with page objects.
https://developers.google.com/search/do ... tured-data
Is all of this schema.org and Structured Data stuff an entire page-level thing, or is it all pieces-of-content-level?
yes

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:20 pm

So, if you have a, say, 6-page website you've built in WB; you'd really just have a total of 6 Structured Data objects in WB, one on each page within the WBS work-space?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Yes, although it that depends on content of the page.
For example, some pages can have multiple products or reviews.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:29 pm

So is it a good idea to say that you want to:

1) Whatever the *HEART* and the *POINT* of a given .php page in your .WBS project is, you want whatever Structured Data object(s) you put on that page to reflect that thing/those things that are the *HEART* and the *POINT* of that, particular, .php page?

2) If you just have a thing you really want show in a snippet on a search engine's main page, you'll make a Structured Data object for *THAT*

?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Correct