Default style change

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
DrTeeth

Default style change

Post by DrTeeth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:31 am

Hi,

Please believe me when I say I have searched for what I am going to ask below using several different terms in this forum, in the manual and on the tutorial pages. I also opened the tutorials that I saw as relevant. I also search the help file. If I have missed the answer I apologise.

The thing is I would like to change the default style of the text that is in a new text box. I currently want to use Times new Roman size 14. I have made a style for that, but cannot see how to make it the default when I open a new text box. The style resolutely stays at Arial size 10.

Thanks

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

WWBman

Re: Default style change

Post by WWBman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am

You can set the default in Page Properties > Style > Defaults?
Then press shift and click Make Default (and keep the shift key pressed when clicking Yes on the next popup if you want it to be the default for all new projects).

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:25 am

Thank you very much WWBman, just what I was looking for.

Have a great weekend,

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:33 am

Of course the drawback with this method, as opposed to creating a style, is if you want to change the style later in several web pages.
You would have to change each occurance of text manually whereas you only need to change the created style once in the style manager.
Last edited by WWBman on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi WWBman,

The reason I originally asked was that I had created a style, but found myself having to manually change the style in each text box. I have had WYSIWYG for a while, but only recently started using it in earnest.

What is the best way to use styles to minimise time wasted in changing the type and size? Are you suggesting that when I had typed all my text, to select it and apply the required style?

Cheers

DrT

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 pm

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:21 pm

DrTeeth wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi WWBman,
... What is the best way to use styles to minimise time wasted in changing the type and size? Are you suggesting that when I had typed all my text, to select it and apply the required style?

Cheers

DrT
Yes, but assign the style to the text as you create each text.

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:30 am

Many, many thanks to you both.

Have a great weekend

DrT