accidental deletion of project

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
schoolcouncillor

accidental deletion of project

Post by schoolcouncillor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:46 pm

I accidentally deleted my wysiwyg webbuilder project. I had already put it online on a webserver. So I thought I could download all the files from the webserver (which I did) and import all of them into a new project (which I also did). However, it doesn't work. It doesn't load in my webbuilder version (which is version 10 by the way). When i doubleclick on the index.php, I get a message 'how do you want to open this file?'
What could I have done wrong.

Pablo

Re: accidental deletion of project

Post by Pablo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Maybe this will be helpful?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=44024

schoolcouncillor

Post by schoolcouncillor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks for you quick reply. I have tried that but I didn't succeed in doing that. First of all I have to put in all my ftp-data into start -> publish. When I do that and test the connection it is all OK. But then I have to do something with it (like publishing files or something) to make sure that the data 'sticks' so to speak. If I cancel, the ftp-data is lost and no backup is made on the webserver.
So how do I work around that?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:41 pm

I'm sorry, now I am confused.
Didn't ask how to restore a backup?

If he ftp data is not saved then most likely the publish.dat file is read-only.

Also, note that version 10 is no longer supported.

schoolcouncillor

Post by schoolcouncillor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:04 pm

I am so sorry for bothering you with this. The problem is that I have been stupid. I made no back-ups (not on my pc nor on the webserver). I realise I should have done. Now I am trying to restore the work by downloading the files from the webserver, but I do not know how to restore those files into a working project. I realise that version 10 is no longer supported and that I am not entitled to support. Nevertheless I hope you can put me on a track how to approach this problem.
My main problem is one of the pages on the website which contains passwords in order to login. I need to be able to access that page so that I can adjust the passwords.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:10 pm

If you no longer have the original project then the only alternative is to import the HTML.
However, this will not restore your complete website. It will only import text and images.
My main problem is one of the pages on the website which contains passwords in order to login.
Passwords are not stored in the HTML code.