facebook share buttons

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Dave Anderton

facebook share buttons

Post by Dave Anderton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:10 am

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have inserted a block on my site with three wwb share buttons - facebook, twitter and google+. Unfortunately I do not know how to make these work.

I have looked through the forum and cannot find anything and I have checked the object properties of each (under link for the facebook button there is something for "face time" - don't know if that's the same thing) under the link section, but no joy.

I have also tried Share This and Addthis but in both instances I add the code and nothing shows up - though adding an html object next to the existing wwb buttons moves them over to the left, so something is there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pablo

Re: facebook share buttons

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:32 am

What code did you add?
Did you insert the code in the right section of the page?

Dave Anderton

Post by Dave Anderton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 am

Hi Pablo,

I've tried it in loads of different ways.

1. Just put the block on the page with the three/four share buttons on it - don't know how to link the buttons so that I can share the site on facebook and the only thing close enough in the link ("Link to") option is "Face Time" - whatever that is.

2. Tried Addthis and Share This for buttons. Went through the routine of registering, choosing the buttons, verifying and so on and followed their instructions. No joy. The code verifies (in the case of Share This) okay, the domain is set up with them okay, but the buttons don't show up on the web page.
I've put their .js code in the head section as they said - and I've tried it both on the .php index page (I have a mailer set up so I had to rename the page to .php) in "page html" and also in the head section on "site html" (not at the same time obviously - two different attempts).
Then I put the inline button code in an html object and put it initially next to the three existing share buttons.
No joy. Buttons simply are not visible. However, when I put the html object next to the buttons at the right hand side it moves the buttons to the left a corresponding distance. So something is there!

3. Finally I did all of the above, but placed a new layout grid on the page and put an html container into that, then I put the inline code into it. No joy. Buttons not showing.

I've probably missed something here, but am going around in circles I think.

Sorry, should have said: site is www.trukhire.com/test and file I am working with is index.php

Dave

Dave Anderton

Post by Dave Anderton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:07 am

Oh, and at the moment, the Share This .js code has been inserted into the "site html" section with the inline code in the html container in the index.php page.

Dave Anderton

Post by Dave Anderton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 am

The code for Share This (in the head section) is:

<script type='text/javascript' src='//platform-api.sharethis.com/js/sharethis.js#property=5b2f67235a9f7800116e2d0b&product=inline-share-buttons' async='async'></script>

And the code for the buttons is:

<div class="sharethis-inline-share-buttons"></div>

If that is any help...

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:42 am

Just put the block on the page with the three/four share buttons on it - don't know how to link the buttons so that I can share the site on facebook and the only thing close enough in the link ("Link to") option is "Face Time" - whatever that is.
The share buttons in the Blocks are just images with links. So, you can set the link via the 'Link' properties.
2. Tried Addthis and Share This for buttons. Went through the routine of registering, choosing the buttons, verifying and so on and followed their instructions. No joy. The code verifies (in the case of Share This) okay, the domain is set up with them okay, but the buttons don't show up on the web page.
I assume the code is in object 'HTML2' ?
It seems to be working correct for me.

Note however that I cannot assist you with third party code because for me it any also take a lot of time to figure out how to use the code.

Dave Anderton

Post by Dave Anderton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 am

Hi.

Yes, the code for the inline buttons is in object Html2 as you say, that's:

<div class="sharethis-inline-share-buttons"></div>

The main code for Share This is in the Page>Site HTML section between the <head></head> tags. That's the bit which is:

<script type='text/javascript' src='//platform-api.sharethis.com/js/sharethis.js#property=5b2f67235a9f7800116e2d0b&product=inline-share-buttons' async='async'></script>

Thanks in any case - I'll try to get on to Share This and see if there's something I'm missing.

Dave Anderton

Post by Dave Anderton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:58 am

Hi.

NOW I'm getting somewhere. It's obviously a problem at my end. I tried the site in Microsoft Edge, and found that only one Share This button showed up, so I returned to WYSIWYG and increased the size of object HTML2 to the page width. Hey Presto, all buttons are showing up in Microsoft Edge.

So it's a problem with Chrome I guess. I'll re-examine my settings and see if there's something blocking scripts in Chrome.

Many thanks for your help.

Dave

Dave Anderton

Post by Dave Anderton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi all.

Just for anyone out there who might be experiencing a similar problem to mine - my buttons weren't showing up due to an extension called "Privacy Badger".

Not that it will necessarily be the same extension for you, but it's something to bear in mind if you're using Add This or Share This to get social media buttons on your site.

Dave

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm

my buttons weren't showing up due to an extension called "Privacy Badger".
Is this a extension for WWB? or are you referring to a browser extension?