format painterI

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
queenidog

format painterI

Post by queenidog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:26 pm

I haven't been able to get format painter to work since version 11 and even mentioned the fact in version 12, in this forum.

I use format painter in other programs and it is a real time saver.

Am I doing something wrong, or does it just not work? I use it the same way I do with other programs.

Pablo

Re: format painterI

Post by Pablo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Did you follow the instructions from the help?
Format painter
Use the Format Painter to quickly copy formatting (color, font, border) from one object to another. Note that it does not work for individual text, only the container object.
First select the object from which you want to copy the format. Then click the 'Format painter' button in the Ribbon and select another object.
To apply the same formatting to multiple objects, you can double-click the 'Format painter' button and then select other objects.
To cancel the format-painter tool select the button again or click on an empty area in the workspace.

Currently the following properties will be copied:
alignment
background color
background image
background texture
background mode
border color
border radius
border style
border width
box shadow
font size
font style
gradient color
gradient style
margin
opacity
padding
pattern style
text color

queenidog

Post by queenidog » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 pm

I created a bulleted list with hyperlinks. The default text was too small, wrong color, and had the line underneath.

I managed to create ONE hyperlink the way I wanted then "hoped" I could just format paint over the next one, and the next one, but could not, because as you say, doesn't work on text. (I consider this an un-implemented feature...)

I looked under properties for formatting text in bulleted lists but found very limited options for text manipulation, nothing that can help me.

I thought, from your reply (and previous reply from last year), I could apply the format painter to the entire list, as you say, the "container" but can't seem to get the right key strokes to do it. Still working on it. I went through Help stuff but must have missed how to do this...it doesn't work as I intuitively guess it should.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:41 pm

I could apply the format painter to the entire list, as you say, the "container" but can't seem to get the right key strokes to do it.
By 'container', I meant the 'box' around the text/bulleted list. You cannot directly apply the formatting to the individually characters.