Changing a link via events..

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Grimmy

Changing a link via events..

Post by Grimmy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi all, I want a popup to display a SKetchfab model in a modal window. No problem with this, however, I want the same modal window to display a different Sketchfab content (so a different url within the html) depending on the button pressed.....and I have several hundred SKetchfab models to show...

Is there a way to do this without creating a new window/html content for each button instance. In the end these buttons will probably be displayed as some kind of menu dropdown. I suppose I'd need an event that could dynamically change the html (or a variable) in the html object?? Maybe?

Cheers
SImon

BaconFries

Re: Changing a link via events..

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Maybe it would be easier to simply use one of the lightbox galleries for this to display multiple images.

Grimmy

Post by Grimmy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Well really I want to get the image/model that it displays from a database(a url link of the content) but the way you suggest, I think I would need to manually type in each url to each image in the gallery.(?) Ideally I want the url to change depending on a button clicked. Maybe this is too complicated for WYSIWYG?

I'm thinking that the viewer can see the editable database on screen. Each column has an associated button. When the button is clicked, a modal url appears relevant to the url in that column. (ie it displays the correct model/image url from the database)

Cheers

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 pm

This will require programming/script, this is not common functionality so there is no standard solution.