Using PHP Mail without a Form

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
lummis

Using PHP Mail without a Form

Post by lummis » Fri May 25, 2018 8:02 pm

I have a page where the main function is to delete entries in a MySQL database. The page uses the MySQL Connector and has two Editboxes which are pre-filled with two values from the database. There is also a Button with an onclick event triggering the mySQLDelete function. There is also a second onmouseup event with a link to a success page. These objects are all on a Flexbox Container and work as expected.

What I would like to add is the ability to send an email to notify me of the deletion and if possible an auto response as confirmation to the person who is making the deletion. I should perhaps add that their email address is available via Sessions.

I did try to use the Flexbox Container tab to enable Form just to see if that would work without success. I think that it should be possible and at the moment I am thinking of using the HTML object to insert a suitable script. However, before doing so, I am wondering if you can think of a possible workaround using what is already available in WB14. As far as I can see the PHP mail function is only available with forms, although I could be mistaken.

Pablo

Re: Using PHP Mail without a Form

Post by Pablo » Fri May 25, 2018 8:18 pm

There is no standard solution for this, this will require a custom script.

lummis

Re: Using PHP Mail without a Form

Post by lummis » Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks Pablo, I will see what I can produce.