*** SOLVED *** Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Post Reply
MGD4me
 
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 pm

*** SOLVED *** Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by MGD4me » Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm

I had been using various versions of version 12 for the past year, and never had any issues doing incremental upgrades. Each newer version loaded previous project files, and continued on flawlessly.

Today, I purchased the upgrade to version 14.0.2, and downloaded the zip file. I noticed in the confirmation email after purchasing the Serial number looked different, but I entered the new Serial number, and it registered fine. I can launch the new program, but it won't open my projects created with a version 12. I immediately get an error message when it tries to load the project file (which still work in ver 12).

I deleted all the ver14 files and downloaded them again, and went through the setup twice. Same problem. I'm looking for a couple of tips of what I may have done wrong upgrading.

Thanks.

Error: "Visual Studio just-in-time debugger. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in WebBuilder.exe [7124]"

User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by BaconFries » Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 pm

This generally means there is a extension(s) missing, ensure all extensions are installed and try again. Also are you trying to maybe open a 64bit version of your project with the 32bit version?
If you have used the 64bit then you can only open the 64bit and the 32bit with it you cannot open the 64bit with the 32bit.
Again ensure you have all extensions and the correct version installed for the project.

MGD4me
 
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 pm

SOLVED: Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by MGD4me » Wed May 23, 2018 12:17 am

Missing extensions was the problem!! Blush...

In the "early days" I had loaded a ton of extensions so that I could try out to see what I could best use. It's hard to know which are really no longer needed, so I went through the complete list on version 12 and installed the same on 14. Works now!!

A big thanks...

:o)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests