*** SOLVED *** Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
MGD4me

*** SOLVED *** Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by MGD4me »

I had been using various versions of version 12 for the past year, and never had any issues doing incremental upgrades. Each newer version loaded previous project files, and continued on flawlessly.

Today, I purchased the upgrade to version 14.0.2, and downloaded the zip file. I noticed in the confirmation email after purchasing the Serial number looked different, but I entered the new Serial number, and it registered fine. I can launch the new program, but it won't open my projects created with a version 12. I immediately get an error message when it tries to load the project file (which still work in ver 12).

I deleted all the ver14 files and downloaded them again, and went through the setup twice. Same problem. I'm looking for a couple of tips of what I may have done wrong upgrading.

Thanks.

Error: "Visual Studio just-in-time debugger. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in WebBuilder.exe [7124]"
BaconFries

Re: Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by BaconFries »

This generally means there is a extension(s) missing, ensure all extensions are installed and try again. Also are you trying to maybe open a 64bit version of your project with the 32bit version?
If you have used the 64bit then you can only open the 64bit and the 32bit with it you cannot open the 64bit with the 32bit.
Again ensure you have all extensions and the correct version installed for the project.
MGD4me

SOLVED: Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by MGD4me »

Missing extensions was the problem!! Blush...

In the "early days" I had loaded a ton of extensions so that I could try out to see what I could best use. It's hard to know which are really no longer needed, so I went through the complete list on version 12 and installed the same on 14. Works now!!

A big thanks...

:o)
MGD4me

*** Fail again *** Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by MGD4me »

Sorry to be a pain...

I'm having a similar issue when trying to upgrade to version 14.3.3, now. The program loads, but as soon as I try to select a breakpoint, the program stops, and I see the same debug error message as above.

The last time I was upgrading from ver 12 to 14. This time from 14.0 to 14.3.3. Previously it was because there were missing extensions, once I loaded all the extensions it worked fine. So, I might be looking at the same underlining issue, but I don't know.

At that time, I think I simply loaded most, if not all, available on-line extensions, and poof... the problem went away. But that was painful, loading as many extensions as possible to see if it would cure the problem. Is there a way I could tell which extensions are actually being used by my project, so that I can un-install those which are no longer required? I know that I had installed some just to try out, and later decided not to use them, but they are obviously still there somewhere.

Otherwise, I would have thought that while remaining within a major release (14.0 to 14.3) that the extensions would have followed. I can roll back to 14.0 and everything works again, but I would like to take advantage of new features and fixes.

Thanks.
Pablo

Re: *** SOLVED *** Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by Pablo »

If there are extensions missing then the application will tell you which ones are missing when you try to load the project.
If there are no error messages then something may be wrong with the project file.
To be able to help you I need a copy of the project file and an exact description how to reproduce the issue.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
MGD4me

Re: *** Still Fails *** Upgrade to ver 14.0.2 fail

Post by MGD4me »

What I don't understand is that the project file works fine in 14.0.2. Over time, I have made several changes to the web site, saving each separately as I go along, with a new file name. All of those previous project files load without any issue in 14.0.

It was only after I upgraded to 14.2, and then recently to 14.3 that I had issues. I thought there may have been something weird with my 14.2 download, so I went back to 14.0. Now that I can try our version 14.3, I was anxious to give it a try.

Short summary with 14.3 (and 14.2) is that the programs will launch and I can initially load the project file, but cannot change to a different breakpoint. As soon as I leave the default breakpoint, the program stops, and Visual Studio gives me the Error: "Visual Studio just-in-time debugger. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in WebBuilder.exe".

Is it possible the download was corrupted? Is there a checksum?

One question... what does it mean in the Exension manager when some extensions are shown with a green check mark?

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you I need a copy of the project file and an exact description how to reproduce the issue.
No one else has reported this issue so this is probably something specific to your project.

The green check-mark means that it's an official extension.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

Okay.... Thanks.

I'll keep plugging away. I'm sure it's something at my end. I had not see any other forum members commenting on the new release being a problem, so that also points the finger in this direction!

I appreciate the quick replies.